Tumbler or Ultrasonic?

Tumbler :- drop in 100+ cases switch on and leave hr or so.

Ultrasonic :- drop in 25-50 cases leave for a few min, then dry .

i have both but use tumbler most. Would not say it is better than ultrasonic just i find it less hassle.

Edited by coldweld

I use a small ultrasonic from lidl's, take out the plastic liner fill with warm water a couple of teaspoons of cream of tartar powder, 10-12 decapped cases ,two or three , three min; cycles they come out shining inside and out ,rinse in warm water ,i put them on a rad ; to dry , never used a tumbler so cant comment.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a small ultrasonic from lidl's, take out the plastic liner fill with warm water a couple of teaspoons of cream of tartar powder, 10-12 decapped cases ,two or three , three min; cycles they come out shining inside and out ,rinse in warm water ,i put them on a rad ; to dry , never used a tumbler so cant comment.

Hi never heard of cream of tartar powder being used any chance you could post a picture of a cleaned case might give it a try myself

hi dully1963 Sorry for the delay in answering,I read somewhere that the cream of tarter does not affect the brass as detergent or washing up liquid might , so i've only ever used COT , the cases are as clean inside as out , had do do a seperate post from the photo; , could'nt sus out how to get it all together ,JC