AA .22 Field Diablo?

I bought 10 tins of AA .22 Field Diablo about 3ish years ago. I'm nearly out now and after some more. If i get them I'll get another 10 tins. Thing is, I'm sure a while back i read that some people were having problems with them. I don't want to splash out on another 10 tins then find out that they are now shite. Has anyone on here had any quality issues with them. All the tins that i bought them years ago have been fine.

Quite a few people have been complaining about the sudden apparent drop in quality of the AAF's.

I used to use them all the time, then swapped to FX pellets (purely because they were a quid cheaper and I got great results with them).

Since then I've tried RWS and most recently the Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums. And the very best pellets I've used to date I have to say is the Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums :wow:

I get these at a decent price and only decided to try them because I was desperate for some lead.

I'm buying another two tins tomorrow (I can't afford to buy them in bulk at the moment).

Despite these pellets being a little lighter than the 15.9 AAF's and the 16grains FX (these are 14.3grns) I am finding the quality to be fantastic, and am now among a growing number of people using them as a staple food for the gun :yes:

Buy a tin and give em a try, cheaper than the AAF's at £8 a tin in .22

Although tightly packed in the tin, the ones I buy are sold with the tins inside a good card backed blister pack, this helps to protect the contents from shock and being battered about in the tin.

Tony

Edited by Phantom
  • Like 1

Don't buy the new AA Field diablos the quality is shocking, I have purchased 4 tubs since jan and all of them had about a third of a tin each of pellets that were deformed or damaged! Stay clear. Sound advice above about the crossman. You could try RWS superfield they are cheaper and better quality I have found. Also JSB exact are good pellets. Just got a tin of those and been through them and can't find any deformed pellets on first inspection.

Premiers shoot accurately and penetrate very well in all my rifles except the QB78 for some reason.

I usually use JSB (and I think they make the AA), but the last lot of domed 14.3 grainers was beat to hell on the skirts. They are very soft. Handling is likey the culprit.

cheers,

Rob

I gave up using Air Arms last year, I had 3 tins in which over a third of the pellets were deformed beyond use, The tin was in perfect condition, but the pellets were bashed beyond belief! I saw Crosman pellets and swapped to them! They are made in the USA, I have not found 1 pellet that cannot be used in over 9 months of shooting both .22 and .177! The tins are wonderful too, nice screw top tins that do not come apart in gun bags allowing pellets free range. Amazing isn't it? You can spend £13 on a tin of pellets and they don't have the decency to use a decent tin so not only are they bashed after a couple of trips the pellets are all over your gun bag and all!

Using the tins to store things like the snap on quickfills for the air system, spare sight batteries and laser range finder batteries too...

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Like 1

I used AA Fields also till i noticed the quality has dropped.....I now use H&N Barracuda Hunter's...these are really designed for FAC rated rifle but work great in my TX200 doing 11.4flbs howver the pellet being 18gr is an issue so dont shoot much more over 40yds as i dont trust my shooting enough to push it...Other than that bisley superfields are great pellets

Hi Pledgey.

AA Pellets :no: .......stopped using them for the moment.

Might be a good idea to try few of the pellets before ordering in bulk again, just in case your rifle dosnt like your choice.

I expect some kind soul will send you a few to try out, I would, but at the moment dont use them.

However, if you want to try Defients, I can send you a few of them to trial, PM me your addy if youd like some :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

I gave up using Air Arms last year, I had 3 tins in which over a third of the pellets were deformed beyond use, The tin was in perfect condition, but the pellets were bashed beyond belief! I saw Crosman pellets and swapped to them! They are made in the USA, I have not found 1 pellet that cannot be used in over 9 months of shooting both .22 and .177! The tins are wonderful too, nice screw top tins that do not come apart in gun bags allowing pellets free range. Amazing isn't it? You can spend £13 on a tin of pellets and they don't have the decency to use a decent tin so not only are they bashed after a couple of trips the pellets are all over your gun bag and all!

Using the tins to store things like the snap on quickfills for the air system, spare sight batteries and laser range finder batteries too...

The s

The screw top tins get recycled. I put other brands in them. They also make a nice basis for a home made three-wick emergency candle.

cheers,

Rob

Holy Crap, well that sucks. I like the old AAF's, but if they have gone down hill that much there is no way I'm buy any more, let alone 10 tins!. Well i have been given lots of choice of other pellets, so I'll have to get myself off to Flebay.