I thought you all may be interested in a new TV programme being brought to our screens by Channel 4.

Part of the project carried out by a leading University under licence of Natural England is to trap urban foxes and fit GPS collars in order to track there movement.

The technology is so high-tech; when they have finished the tracking phase the technicians simply press a few keys on a laptop and the collars drop off for collection.

The link is below.

I have been tracking the London fox and have been surprised how far it travelled on Sunday !!

http://foxes.channel...540658249993912

The main link is:

http://foxes.channel4.com/

You are encouraged to go on the dedicated Channel 4 'foxes' website and debate/comment on foxes in order get a 'healthy' balance of opinions.

Edited by Urban Fox Control London

The website is amazing.

Take a look at the regularly updated maps and satellite images of the foxes locations.

It gives you a good idea of there movement patterns, most active time and ground covered depending on there age/health/sex etc.

I would of preferred it they had just called them specimen A, B, C etc rather than giving them fluffy names to pull the public's heart strings. :hmm:

By giving them names starts to make it a bit un-balanced.

On Sunday, the London fox did a round trip of around 80 miles+.

That was roughly worked out on the AA Route Planner from Stoke Newington to Stanford Le Hope so it would be further cross-country.

I take it the fox didn't stow away on the back of a lorry up the A13.

i am guessing with this info local shooters can work out where they are sounds good to me.

why the fook would someone realease them for the rifle boys to track and shoot. when they could of culled them in the trap.

rifle men cant even be bothered to find there own foxes now :icon_eek::tongue2:

years ago we had loads of foxes around here with collars on , when we shot them etc we collected the collars and sent them back to bristol uni and that prof steven whatshis face sent use a solicitors letter theatning to sue the shite out of us for interfeing with his study so from then on we used to hook the collars onto lorries , go track that

• Like 3

I can call on my hand and with my lips I can call cats dogs and squirrels without much of a problem but never seem to get foxes unless they are only about 100 yards away if they are a couple of hundred yards away they will not come they will look but that is it this is why I bought this caller but it does nothing more then what I can do on my hand. If you read my first post you will see I called cats roe muntjac and even rabbits came over to look I guess I am doing some thing right but I feel I am doing something wrong to. but I dont no what I do have the same problem in the winter but I never had this caller then.

years ago we had loads of foxes around here with collars on , when we shot them etc we collected the collars and sent them back to bristol uni and that prof steven whatshis face sent use a solicitors letter theatning to sue the shite out of us for interfeing with his study so from then on we used to hook the collars onto lorries , go track that

Like to see him try that with me he would not stand a chance, unless you where on his ground or killing them unlawfully there is nothing they could do in fact as a study this I would think becomes part of it along with anyone else involved in foxes. I would of sent more back