As above agreed saftey should come first this is not

Just a simple project these are highly pressurised

Cylinders that contain highly flammable gasses

And should not be approached unless you are competent

And know what your doing safety police over and out ATB

How much do you sell them for mate?

Gents

I work in the LPG cylinder business.

May I warn of the great dangers of cutting into LPG cylinders.

I would also advise that the cylinders can only be scrapped by the gas company that owns them. They have to use approved scrap merchants to do so; they have a legal obligation to ensure that scrapped gas cylinders are rendered beyond re use. Therefore, technically, making such stoves from gas cylinders is theft.

webber

:boredom:

Can you not screw the top off them?? If you cant I think put it up the field and shoot it with the 22-250. Use the hole for the chimney or lettin air in the front! Mite make 1 for the boat hide. Great idea thanks!

• Like 1

Gents

I work in the LPG cylinder business.

May I warn of the great dangers of cutting into LPG cylinders.

I would also advise that the cylinders can only be scrapped by the gas company that owns them. They have to use approved scrap merchants to do so; they have a legal obligation to ensure that scrapped gas cylinders are rendered beyond re use. Therefore, technically, making such stoves from gas cylinders is theft.

webber

Boring!

• 3 weeks later...

I would agree you can't be too carefull. I made one of these a year or so back out of a realy old grey tank . Removed the valve, left the hoze running through it a while then to be sure washed it out with hot saopy watter. I filled it 3/4 full with water before i started cutting out the door with a plasma cutter and it still went with a thump an water sprayed out the valve hole. Didn't burst the tank but left me pretty shook up.

Once i had a steady hand again i finished the the cutting and welding without further incident and the finished article is a cracking little stove that my kids use in their "Fort" brewing up all manner of potions in an old pot.

Edited by GruffaloGriff