Gents

I work in the LPG cylinder business.

May I warn of the great dangers of cutting into LPG cylinders.

I would also advise that the cylinders can only be scrapped by the gas company that owns them. They have to use approved scrap merchants to do so; they have a legal obligation to ensure that scrapped gas cylinders are rendered beyond re use. Therefore, technically, making such stoves from gas cylinders is theft.

webber

i was told the same at the scrap yard when i asked to buy some more recently . i got these from a guy who used to be able to take them as scrap , i was told that is reasonably new legislation , and them old blue ones where pre that . i was also told that not all gas surpliers follow this legislation ??/

anyway il not be using any more as there are better things i now know i can use !

amasing work mickey i think its great .

we will have to get old beer kegs if we want to make anything in the future , just have to mig / tig weld the stainless !!

• Like 1

Gents

I work in the LPG cylinder business.

May I warn of the great dangers of cutting into LPG cylinders.

I would also advise that the cylinders can only be scrapped by the gas company that owns them. They have to use approved scrap merchants to do so; they have a legal obligation to ensure that scrapped gas cylinders are rendered beyond re use. Therefore, technically, making such stoves from gas cylinders is theft.

webber

Indeed. Do not cut, drill, weld, hammer on, or do any work to any enclosed container unless you know (and not just think you know) exactly what you are doing. Every year there are explosions and burns from this. Even water can produce explosive hydrogen gas inside a container.

Over here we own the tanks, so we can modify them, but safety is key, and I do not recommend it.

(I myself will consider making one of these stoves, but I have extensive experience with metal fabrication and tank safety training.)

cheers,

Rob

ca boom is what will happen !

mine are empty left with valve open for 2 weeks then the brass valve and tap removed left for 2 week filled with water for a week emptied and i put it next to a wood fire right out the way in the feild and let it get nice and hot . then when i get round to it i cut it up .

there hard things to cut up and kane through discs ..

like mickey said , safety first .

iv allways wanted to make burners out of construction steel box section . you know the 8mm-12 mm stuff . there allways seems to be massive lengths of it at the scrapy .

only need a 12mm mild plate top and bottom and you have yor fire box . plasma a door vents and flew . fire brick line and your allmost done . i bet they would work a treat . you could hide the welds on the inside with um to..

one day eh ???

this time next year rodders weel me miwyan airs .

ca boom is what will happen !

mine are empty left with valve open for 2 weeks then the brass valve and tap removed left for 2 week filled with water for a week emptied and i put it next to a wood fire right out the way in the feild and let it get nice and hot . then when i get round to it i cut it up .

there hard things to cut up and kane through discs ..

like mickey said , safety first .

;):thumbs:

I find this the best course of ELF & Safety

,except the fire bit,

i also change the water a couple of times :thumbs: