What Air Rifle

Hi New to this sight

I have moved to a new area and I am thinking of getting an air rifle. I can fined about £1000 I only want to buy once one good gun with all the bit's and pieces. So I can offer more than just shooting with shot gun's it can limit you a bit on what you can offer the farmer.

Any help would be great as I have not had an air rifle since I was a kid

Cheers Kenny

Hi New to this sight

I have moved to a new area and I am thinking of getting an air rifle. I can fined about £1000 I only want to buy once one good gun with all the bit's and pieces. So I can offer more than just shooting with shot gun's it can limit you a bit on what you can offer the farmer.

Any help would be great as I have not had an air rifle since I was a kid

Cheers Kenny

id find land first dont waste that kind of money if all you can do is shoot targets in your garden get permission first.

Hi Woodchip

That wont be a great drama have a friend that is a head green keeper and was always on at me to bring my shotguns up when I went home so I have that but don’t want to Bust Bunnies for ever and if I spend that kind of money I WILL find land also considering getting my FAC what are those air rifles like or would I be better off getting a .22 Rifle I work abroad so have time to consider what I want to do.

Cheers Kenny

:hmm: Air Arms S200 B) , best value PCP available IMHO. Other end of the scale, Daystate Airwolf B) , never quite shot anything as smooth as this apart from an out and out custom target rifle.

I own both, plus some others in between and yet tend to favour a HW95 for everyday stuff. One bit of advice I can give you is that they will ALL do the job in the right hands :victory:

Al :drink:

:hmm: Air Arms S200 B) , best value PCP available IMHO. Other end of the scale, Daystate Airwolf B) , never quite shot anything as smooth as this apart from an out and out custom target rifle.

I own both, plus some others in between and yet tend to favour a HW95 for everyday stuff. One bit of advice I can give you is that they will ALL do the job in the right hands :victory:

MAD AL

IS YOUR AIR WOLF FAC OR 12FT IBS

Hi Woodchip

That wont be a great drama have a friend that is a head green keeper and was always on at me to bring my shotguns up when I went home so I have that but don’t want to Bust Bunnies for ever and if I spend that kind of money I WILL find land also considering getting my FAC what are those air rifles like or would I be better off getting a .22 Rifle I work abroad so have time to consider what I want to do.

Cheers Kenny

kenny mac

You will get a fac air rifle a lot easier and be able to use it over ground where a .22 live could not be used.

.22live has its place of course but fac air seems to be accepted by police and farmer/landowners with open arms IMO

12ft/lbs, supposed to be a tool when FAC'd/.22 B) Don't really want to do that, powerful and accurate enough in .177 for me B) .

YOUR dead right mate great gun i had a rush of blood to me head and bought a fac air ranger that im getting use to at the moment

Hi Woodchip

Cheers Kenny

kenny mac

You will get a fac air rifle a lot easier and be able to use it over ground where a .22 live could not be used.

.22live has its place of course but fac air seems to be accepted by police and farmer/landowners with open arms IMO

12ft/lbs, supposed to be a tool when FAC'd/.22 B) Don't really want to do that, powerful and accurate enough in .177 for me B) .

YOUR dead right mate great gun i had a rush of blood to me head and bought a fac air ranger that im getting use to at the moment

Nice one Al, glad you're enjoying the Ranger, good choice B) .........Al :drink:

Well thanks’ for the help lads but it is all getting a bit confusing looking for sights, sight brackets, suppressers, refill kit’s and the rest I think I will wait till I get back to the UK and go around some shops

I read this on one sight about a rifle Mad al recommended not having a go at you al just some clown in the shop( I am sure you are not giving me Duff Gen)

We recommend it for use in controlling vermin in closer proximity and is ideal for pigeons, rats, and rabbits at closer than normal range, and a perfectly accurate rifle for field target work :hmm:

It sounds like I would be better off walking up to the rabbits and kick them up the A :censored:

Cheers Kenny