Mole traps filled with soil

The best way to catch moles is to catch a female mole and extract her (fanny juice ) for want of a better phrase ! works a treat on any sort of trap.

I can just see the the posts about this "Can anyone help me , I'm trying to juice a mole , I want the ....erm....female juice from it. I've tried using my Mums Phillips Juice extractor that she uses to make my Dads orange juice and it made a hell of a mess in the kitchen. My Mums now banned me from using the kitchen and the mole was none to pleased about being stuffed into it , I think I'll use a dead one the next time. P.S. Has anyone got a spare kettle they can lend me until my Mum calms down"

• 2 months later...

I havnt been Trapping moles for very long all and i have experinced this a few times in my opionion i would lay it down to the trap not been set correctly and the mole knowing somthings not right and back filling just my opinion hope this helps you abit. Atb.

no such thing as trap shy, the moles dont know its a trap

I agree with this, I don't think moles get trap shy. I think trap avoidance depends on soil conditions, set up, etc., but I have never had the sense that moles learn to avoid traps.

We also trap a lot of pocket gophers here in California, and they most definitely do learn to avoid traps.

steve your really opening up some old ideas and its good really good,i have found moles cap cavitys and push dirt to objects in runs and try expelling them,look at the video of your mole in"whats he thinkin"i know everythin is debatable but he didnt touch the trap he checked the changes to his run,then he capped it,i bet if he touched the jaw he would have filled that and dug below,often when they cap they dig below the trap settin trap off but its different than him filling trap solid,also whats the soil condition your mentioning above causing avoidance?do you mean condition as in light heavy stoney sandy soil or to wet or condition as in condition of soil around trap?example his decorated walls of soil have been messed up by your entry? very interested in this heard a few on hear say about soil condition can you clarify,also gophers can see yes?moles are blind and use sensors snout n wiskers for the front and that bristle tail for revesersing back,im very interested in refining understanding of soil conditions causing trap avoidance tho. think about this if a mole senses a trap jaw which he does not know is a jaw and he starts to fill or go under or both and sets off trap and scares himself he then becomes neophobic,not trap shy but object shy,so its precise setting and precise entry to his run without changing things to much that will avoid trap fill and to avoid causing neophobia is simple...change nothing,i bet when a gopher has a bad trap experience he visualy remembers thats trap shy? a mole cant do that,dont forget your soil conditions explanation on my desk first thing stevie,soil conditions mmm.also need more of them mole movies too so we can work all these issues out.thanks for your posts steve.