lurcher x fox hound

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a man we used to hunt with in the elary had a fox hound lurcher one of the best dogs i have seen done fox hare a rabbit hunted cover and worked with terriers was a dream to work with and to look a

Probably be quite handy in the right situation, run in a pair on the big hills. If the Dog is decent, then there have been a lot lot worse accidental litters.

On the right in the back there.

a man we used to hunt with in the elary 80 had a fox hound lurcher one of the best dogs i have seen done fox hare a rabbit hunted cover and worked with terriers was a dream to work with and to look at and won a number of shows he qualified at the final at shanes castle and was to go to england i cant remember witch one chatsworth or midlands we came home after the show and thought we would go out lamping to get the dog fit for england and after a couple of runs he run a rabbit and hit a hole wend over the body and broke his neck. but he was an exception because i have seen some fox hound crosses since that and they would have broke your heart, unruley barking bast..ds . a man said to me one time you get one good dog in your life time one that will do every thing asked of it and more and the older i get i think he was right. atb coverdogs

• Like 3

How do ye know 1 of the hound's hasnt been there before the bull cross when they were all in kennel's, a bitch just dont come in season at the drop of a hat and i am quite sure if that bitch was in the hound dog's in the pack would of been on her like a rash,usualy what happen's with my hound's is when a bitch come's in 1 hound will stay by her side and wont let anything near her,ye may have a split litter if this was an accident :thumbs:

thinking that myself hedz :thumbs:
  • 2 weeks later...

How do ye know 1 of the hound's hasnt been there before the bull cross when they were all in kennel's, a bitch just dont come in season at the drop of a hat and i am quite sure if that bitch was in the hound dog's in the pack would of been on her like a rash,usualy what happen's with my hound's is when a bitch come's in 1 hound will stay by her side and wont let anything near her,ye may have a split litter if this was an accident :thumbs:

thinking that myself hedz :thumbs:

maybe all his hounds were bitches :yes:
  • Like 1

Depends if you like a bit of nostagia mate. Written in a 'different time' and by a complete novice to lurchers, i've always loved it but it ain't for everyone. :thumbs:

thanks Bosun,

whats it called?

'Rebecca The Lurcher' :thumbs:

f**k me one of the first books i sat down and enjoyed a cracker ill have me mother up the wall rooting tomorrow

if she finds it any chance of a borrow.? i have a few swaps you might like fetch it to jasons and ask him to send you up the rd to the binmans. ;)

I seen a half greyhound half foxhound worked for 5 seasons and he caught and killed between 30 and 50 foxes a year day and night

seen the same dog work he worked like a lurcher not a hound wasnt the fastest dog in the world but made up for that with his brain one of the smartest lurchers ive seen he would hunt a fox on during the day and gave tongue when in hot pursuit but didnt hunt them on at night .
  • Like 1