lurcher x fox hound

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a man we used to hunt with in the elary had a fox hound lurcher one of the best dogs i have seen done fox hare a rabbit hunted cover and worked with terriers was a dream to work with and to look a

Probably be quite handy in the right situation, run in a pair on the big hills. If the Dog is decent, then there have been a lot lot worse accidental litters.

On the right in the back there.

Lads,ive just bought Rebecca the Lurcher,its a good read,takes a wile to get your head round that it was wrote in the 70's but its a good read :thumbs:

Ive lent it a mate,as soon as he has finished with it i will be putting it back up for sale,13 quid posted what i paid for it,first to pm me gets it.

• 1 month later...

hello all right my mate runs a pack of fox hounds, he let them out in the paddock to exercise and his lurcher dog bullx caught one of the bitches, she was injected by vet hasnt worked , i am not trying to sell them just wanted to start a topic to see if any one else has ever owned or worked similar type dogs and what their thoughts and opinions are of them, did they open up on scent etc cheers

wouldve thought the pups would be more handier if they were brought us as hounds and reared as hounds, and entered the pack as young hounds would(be lighter built than a hound maybes), bringing up as a lurcher i'd imagine they could be too heavy with the tendancy to give tongue when in persuit,