lurcher x fox hound

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a man we used to hunt with in the elary had a fox hound lurcher one of the best dogs i have seen done fox hare a rabbit hunted cover and worked with terriers was a dream to work with and to look a

Probably be quite handy in the right situation, run in a pair on the big hills. If the Dog is decent, then there have been a lot lot worse accidental litters.

On the right in the back there.

ask wheaten about these,hes the daddy.

daddy lol

i had a collie greyhound x fellhound she was a great finder and often found before the full bred hound she would go through the thickest of cover and could kill a fox single handed. down fall she hardley ever spoke and it was only in the later years did she speak alittle.

she provided us with some great sport.

Depends if you like a bit of nostagia mate. Written in a 'different time' and by a complete novice to lurchers, i've always loved it but it ain't for everyone. :thumbs:

thanks Bosun,

whats it called?

'Rebecca The Lurcher' :thumbs:

f**k me one of the first books i sat down and enjoyed a cracker ill have me mother up the wall rooting tomorrow
  • Like 1

Depends if you like a bit of nostagia mate. Written in a 'different time' and by a complete novice to lurchers, i've always loved it but it ain't for everyone. :thumbs:

thanks Bosun,

whats it called?

'Rebecca The Lurcher' :thumbs:

f**k me one of the first books i sat down and enjoyed a cracker ill have me mother up the wall rooting tomorrow

I used to read this in the central libary instead of doing my college work way back in 85/86, will look it up on ebay

i had two of these crosses they were very hard and very fast,with noses like a hound they were always up front when on a fox

did you run them with a pack then?

yes i ran them with a pack they would catch a fox very quickly the standing guns used to complain about not getting a shot some times, they also had endless stamina

Dunkanon, are you saying that lurcher is 1/4 greyhound ?

If it is it came very racey indeed.

no mate, the breeding is something like this grey/welsh collliexgrey/welsh foxhound...and if you dig deep enough there a dash of saluki somewhere....lol

Dunkanon, are you saying that lurcher is 1/4 greyhound ?

If it is it came very racey indeed.

no mate, the breeding is something like this grey/welsh collliexgrey/welsh foxhound...and if you dig deep enough there a dash of saluki somewhere....lol

Oh, ok.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a bull stag bitch I'd love to put an airedale or foxhound over . She is an unbreakable little bitch that loves to hunt and catch a fox she lacks a little push in the real thick cover and perhaps a bit of pace out in the open relying on her drive to get a job done. perhaps a foxhoundxgreyhoud would suit her better. I've owned foxhounds and had a love/hate relationship with them, these foxhound lurchers seem just the go for the thick massive swamps we hunt.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...