Moving House

So we've sold our house and will be moving in a while, just wondering what is the procedure with Firearms with regards to moving out and into a new property? Thanks

a change off address form is normally sent out with your firearms certificate, if not give them a ring and im sure they will send you one, move, fit your cabinette and inform them via the form, they will come out and check your cabinette and thats it, all quite painless

If there is a period between moving into your new house, installing you cabinet and wiating for your FEO to visit, would you have to lodge your firearms with an RFD prior to your cabinet getting approval?

no mate you just inform them within i thnk 7 days after the move.

Wait till after you have moved secured your cabinet and send them a registered letter ,and if they want to check everything fine ,thats what i did and they never said anything so it must have been fine

Hi

I've moved three times in the same county,fac/sgc and every time I've rang to inform them they ask the location of the cabinet and if it's the same cabinet then that's it, they have never been to visit or check.then the next time I renew or do a variation the address gets changed,I once asked if I should send in the certs for changing the address the said no,strange but true

Atb

Ps, I tell them within a day or so after the move

Edited by TWOTWOTHREE