ruining a dog with bunnies

rabbits wont ruin a dog but running it at a lot of rabbits it has little chance of catching might. the ones sat next to fences woodland etc. give good slips to build up a young dogs confidence, rabbits that have a good distance to run to reach safety. hope that helps

a proper dog will not be spoilt on rabbits,

but theres proper dogs and theres real proper dogs :laugh: i got dogs that if the ban was ever lifted would catch hares anywhere in reason and go out on the lamp 5 nights a week on average but if you are saying....you want a saturated coursing dog with a lot of saluki in it to catch you lamped rabbits in numbers and also use him on daytime will it be ok to do both,well the answer is proberly no,as the breeding isnt right, :thumbs:

I see no reason why rabbits would ruin a dog for hares. In fact a dog can learn a lot by having its first season concentrating on rabbits. They can learn prey sense, how to read the prey and get in the way when its about to turn for cover boxing it back into the open, they can learn how to strike, they will build their experience and their confidence.

• Like 2

I see no reason why rabbits would ruin a dog for hares. In fact a dog can learn a lot by having its first season concentrating on rabbits. They can learn prey sense, how to read the prey and get in the way when its about to turn for cover boxing it back into the open, they can learn how to strike, they will build their experience and their confidence.

running rabbit with a daytime dog will maybe make the dog pull up at hedges but dont know.if you do both try it but if you want a top day dog keep it only for day