reloading .243

HI, i've decided to start reloading my own ammo and would like to know what reloading kit i should buy? had a look at lee , they seem to be fairly cheap and had a look at a hornady one which was around the £250 mark. not sure if i need to buy the best to start with or not. any help would be great.

cheers stevie.

HI, i've decided to start reloading my own ammo and would like to know what reloading kit i should buy? had a look at lee , they seem to be fairly cheap and had a look at a hornady one which was around the £250 mark. not sure if i need to buy the best to start with or not. any help would be great.

cheers stevie.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Lee stuff mate,you will no doubt get reloading snobs telling you to buy RCBS or Lyman ect,Lee will do everything you need,I would get a set of deluxe dies,they contain a full length die and a neck sizer also, so you have the choice, I get superb results using lee neck sizing dies and reloading cases fired in my rifle,the collet/neck sizing die does not require lubricating and I have some cases on their 6th reload with no probs, and superb accuracy, at first dont go spending a fortune on a press, I use a lee hand press with great results,have fun mate and let us know how the first loads go.

Lee's perfectly decent for all but the most accurate ammo. If you're just reloading for field work and maybe the odd target, it's perfectly good stuff.

Lee turret press isn't the very finest, but it will get you going and allow you enough of your £250 for dies at least. I've not bought a press for a while so not sure on the exact pricing at the moment.

I have been hand loading for years and every thing i own is made by lee its all good kit and at a good price, the only thing i will say is the powder scale is a proper f**ker, its very acurate but very sensative i keep meaning to change it for something else but am too tight to pay the money!!!!. Dont forget to get a kinetic hammer (bullet puller) you will need one trust me!.

P.S get your self a Factory crimp die they are excelent and will help uniform the pressure of your ammo making head space less important and your ammo will be more consistantly accurate.