If i'm hungry enough and the opportunity arises...

Again. Illegal vs unlawful. We all do illegal stuff, there are over 60 million statutes that make up current legislation, I'm sure a determined enough 'a-hole' could have you for something as you sit on your sofa and pick your nose....

Unlawful, thats different, that I will never knowingly do. The police, corporations, government, councils, they appear to love committing unlawful acts. When was the last time you forced entry and took someone's possessions without grounds? Evidently your missing out if they are to be emulated!

Hunting my food - may in certain cases be illegal, (maybe i have shot a pigeon one second past the legislated hour after sunset) but just try and convince me its unlawful!

Thankfully this little island has an incredible abundance of life, therefore, to avoid unlawful harassment from PC Tattoos and his gang, I stick to the shadows and use my noggin.... I'm also not above asking for permission whether or not I truly believe it necessary. Call it my 'diplomacy'...

Regarding common land, land is land. Don't want to be harassed? Either don't get caught or just ask for permission. Can't find an owner? Claim it! (Not joking)

Simples!

The above is not advice. Rather, a statement of facts as I perceive them. It is also not an affront or attack upon anyone who believes otherwise. By all means, disagree, agree, but reserve your judgment, lest ye be judged. Tah.

I think you mean un just.

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

If i'm hungry enough and the opportunity arises...

Again. Illegal vs unlawful. We all do illegal stuff, there are over 60 million statutes that make up current legislation, I'm sure a determined enough 'a-hole' could have you for something as you sit on your sofa and pick your nose....

Unlawful, thats different, that I will never knowingly do. The police, corporations, government, councils, they appear to love committing unlawful acts. When was the last time you forced entry and took someone's possessions without grounds? Evidently your missing out if they are to be emulated!

Hunting my food - may in certain cases be illegal, (maybe i have shot a pigeon one second past the legislated hour after sunset) but just try and convince me its unlawful!

Thankfully this little island has an incredible abundance of life, therefore, to avoid unlawful harassment from PC Tattoos and his gang, I stick to the shadows and use my noggin.... I'm also not above asking for permission whether or not I truly believe it necessary. Call it my 'diplomacy'...

Regarding common land, land is land. Don't want to be harassed? Either don't get caught or just ask for permission. Can't find an owner? Claim it! (Not joking)

Simples!

The above is not advice. Rather, a statement of facts as I perceive them. It is also not an affront or attack upon anyone who believes otherwise. By all means, disagree, agree, but reserve your judgment, lest ye be judged. Tah.

Intresting reading that one minute you want to work outside the law for your own gain and then you want any member who has the power to reveal info on so no gooder :hmm: snooping round your motor.

Pasted from your thread

icon_users.png0 Follow this topic

var FAVE_TEMPLATE = new Template( "

Unfollow this topic

If you unfollow this topic you will no longer receive any notifications

");photo-thumb-70412.jpg?_r=1333960089

'No Gooders' trying to steal my stuff!

Started by milegajo, Today, 02:59 AM

No replies to this topic

#1 milegajo

milegajo

• photo-70412.jpg
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 315 posts

• co.gif

Posted Today, 02:59 AM

Just got woken up by the car horn going off, whipped out of bed to see a car outside... Head torch on fumbling into some clothes I stumbled out and the beggars slowly drove off despite (or because of) my obvious presence...

The facts;

03:00 14/04/2012, Outside Stroud, Glos,

Car alarm activated,

Suspect(s) flees when confronted,

Driving vehicle registration X294 DHG .

Hmmmm

Phoned Police to report the suspicious activity. No obvious damage but will wait til first light to do a proper inspection.

I would feel better knowing who the registered keeper is if anyone is so connected. Maybe already stolen? Errant teenager? Dedicated thief?

Bloody un-nerving as we live in the middle of no where, I was leaving the car unlocked but glad I didn't last night!

PM me if you 'have the power'.

Cookie

Sigh.... cookiemonsterandmerlin, you demonstrate the common ignorance between unlawful and illegal, statutory and common law.

Re read the post. Pay close attention to the "do not judge lest ye be judged" bit.

Are you aware of the different types of law? the difference between common law and statutory law and how you and others often confuse the two and pay the price at 'her majesties' mercy?

In common law, there is only one law "Do not cause harm, injury, or loss to any other human being". Ignorance of the law back then was definitely not a defence because it was that simple. It was not 60 million plus bits of paper lawyers and politicians made up to generate revenue. I believe the americans coined the phrase, "pass a law, start a business".

I can operate outside of statutory law, as can you, only when I am a private, not commercial entity. I cannot, however, operate outside of common law and expect to live in freedom. As a private or public entity.

It's not about 'gain' thank you.

If however you engage me in the performance of a service, (in a public not private contract) I become bound by public servant codes (statutes).

Big difference cookiemonsterandmerlin. Again, I will repeat this is"...a statement of facts as I perceive them. It is also not an affront or attack upon anyone who believes otherwise. By all means, disagree, agree, but reserve your judgment, lest ye be judged. Tah." Let's include insinuations in there too...

:thumbs:

Edited by milegajo

mile, it's all well and good telling everyone the difference between "common law" and "statutory law", but that doesn't stop you being committed to a stretch at her majesties pleasure, because the people who have the power so to order work under the premise of statutory law. If you are willing to use "I choose not to be bound by your statutory law" as a defence, then I wish you luck!

These theories and legalese statements are all well and good, but there's no way I'd risk shooting in a public place or anywhere without permission. Swat teams I'm sure will listen to legal hair-splitting ad nauseum whilst ones face is in the dirt and ones pride and joy rifle is being handled none-too-delicately and thrown into a police van for examination.

Rather you than me!

I think that this is actually a lot more complex than the question first suggests and is a potential can of nasty worms. With the right to roam Act even land owned by someone can be 'visited' by the public in large numbers. Now, although not 'public land' it is nevertheless accessible to the public. Whilst shooting on my land I have had the police called by 'concerned' members of the public who were roaming about where they had no real need to. When challenged they quoted the act and called the boys in blue. Interestingly, as I know the local police well it resulted in the caller being given 'strong advice' by the police about how and where they should exercise their 'right to roam'. Also, I have specific permission to shoot on what is very definitely public land but there are quite stringent constraints on when and how. For example, I always inform the police 24hrs before and again just as I commence.

Somewhat different if you are on land with firearms and no permission.

Common land , will have a tennant or agent , usually the local council

legally you need permission off the land owner or his agent (tennant)

You cant just shoot on common land....end of....it is armed trespass...even with an air rifle

Some may be surprised but quite a few councils employ people to shoot vermin on land they have responsibility over. The permission usually comes with confidentiality clauses as councils are terrified of the very vocal disneyesque anti hunt mob.