Ok guys so ive spotted a rat in my garden and ive got a trap but im a bit of a novice in this sector and have no clue what to use as bait to lure it in.if someone could reply asap as im setting the trap tonight thanks

joe

white bread is as good as anything or if its a trap with a bait hook as opposed to a treddle mechanisum put half a mars bar on it. good luck :thumbs:

Ok guys so ive spotted a rat in my garden and ive got a trap but im a bit of a novice in this sector and have no clue what to use as bait to lure it in.if someone could reply asap as im setting the trap tonight thanks

joe

white bread is as good as anything or if its a trap with a bait hook as opposed to a treddle mechanisum put half a mars bar on it. good luck :thumbs:

Half a mars bar he wants to catch it not feed it :laugh:

• Like 2

i have always super glued my baits on i.e chocolate, dont know if anyone else does this or not because had alot bait pinched, but after the glue never seemed to fail so it worked for me. i have alot of success with peanut butter to.

choccy spread

bigrat004.jpg

the traps on the right, bait and glue boards are the home owners, put the traps together to show the size, 3 traps end to end, wouldnt want that in the bedroom would ya

• Like 3

Rats get better fed than I do. Home made brown bread , Ham and brown sauce , Mars bars and peanut butter. Let me know the next time you're setting some traps I'll pop over for a quick snack.

Got 2 last week using just a slice of apple , also tried peanut butter as well in the past , and chocolate spread for a mouse that was doing my mums head in running about in her attic..

'Mrg' timestamp='1334174944' post='2574439']

Peanut butter gets em every time for me buddy ! Like choc spread its naturally sticky and helps stick on trap !

:yes::thumbs: We started using mouse traps with a depression in the pan and its ideal for filling with liquid choc spread

• Like 1