Countrymans weekly arrogance . . .

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure why, but i quite often buy the countrymans weekly, it's something to read in work, where they have now blocked the hunting life on the computer. I can usually guarentee that there will be

its not even been fit for arse wiping for years ...

I'd say you definatly learn fieldcraft, and efficiency over time served. But you can def also pick up some kind of genius idea off someone who has been doing it for a season and is just a smart guy. A

Posted Images

In the old days there where a few writers on here you could read about a day out on here and next week in the countryman's weekly now theres new folk coming threw it cant be a bad thing ,as theres not a write up from the usual crew

In the old days there where a few writers on here you could read about a day out on here and next week in the countryman's weekly now theres new folk coming threw it cant be a bad thing ,as theres not a write up from the usual crew

no far from it, its good to have variety rather than having to read the same stuff over and over, plus there may even be a chance of learning something new :thumbs:

used enjoy it back when it was the shooting times when people used to contribute to the mag such as phil lloyd, gary hosker, dave sleight stag carter.sammy vaughan etc. cant really say the same today.

• Like 2

used enjoy it back when it was the shooting times when people used to contribute to the mag such as phil lloyd, gary hosker, dave sleight stag carter.sammy vaughan etc. cant really say the same today.

shooting news :laugh: i know what your saying, i stopped buying it because it just got very samey every week abit stale i suppose :thumbs:

shooting news :laugh: i know what your saying, i stopped buying it because it just got very samey every week abit stale i suppose :thumbs:

forgive me paulus going a bit senile (age) :laugh:

forgive me paulus going a bit senile (age) :laugh:

i know that feeling mate :laugh:

Whilst I do agree with the detailed criticisms on the articles, I do also think it s better that there is a weekly magazine representing the sport in a fairly responsible light because lets be honest with ourselves the sport is on its knees and has been for years; there are still unsavoury elements dragging this once proud way of life into the gutter, dogs get stolen, idiots poach and thieve, the dogs shelters are full of poor lurchers and some working dog welfare is appauling as the fad hunters go from one fix to the next.

If you are unhappy with the content of the paper then why not contribute? as diverse opinions will only improve the magazine. I do however agree that Shooting News was a better publication in the past.

Edited by omegathelast
  • Like 1

if i see it on a shelf i buy it. its a couple of quid'. wouldnt buy ten fags for that. if i pick it up i generally find something of interest in it. of course it was better years ago. wasnt everything. :D

i prefare to stretch a rabbit than chop. chopping is old hat :D

if memory serves me right i think the warrener was doing hares with the catty,then dogs allowed to "track"injured game legally.as for ferreting being jolly hard work :whistling: ,ill take him plastering,or put him on the hod for a day,see how jolly the man feels :laugh::angel:

• Like 2