Sort of luck i've been having mate,but good luck with the goldie mules.One of the new birds i got the other day is a egg eater,have lost 2 irish/goldie and a lutino greenie egg to it and both hens jumped the nests as well.Going to have to build a new flight for the new pairs and hope they sort it out,i have got some old eggs that are duff and was thinking of putting mustard in a couple like you would do with a chook egg eater,would this or does this work with natives anyone???????.

not tried it but def worth a try ,with my luck mine prob love mustard, :laugh:
  • Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've done what I set out to do, goldie mules, finally. My gloster that bred me my first linnet mule has produced my first goldie mule too. My little red hen I bred last year is on a clutch of them t

First siskin mules Agates bred from these

There's 3 chicks so far

1st ever mule hatched today :boogy: , nice greenie cock bird to a white fife canary, ,,,1 pr of polls have laid there 4th egg another pr are building like mad . fife pr on 4 eggs, pr of razas have almost finished building so its started for me :D

Well done Clippper,grand old do mate and all the best of luck with the other birds.3rd lutino greenie nest built and an egg in it this morning and now just praying this nest comes off ok.

I did breed some last year and i also had some goldie mules bred and as my goldie cock isn't the best of singers i got a cd to play to them 24/7.Some of the greenie mules are singing greenie with goldie song mixed in with it,others who have lived in the same aviary just sing greenie.The greenie mule does belt out the song and mine sing a lot more than my goldie mules do,really clipper it depends on what they hear as youngsters in which song they choose to sing but this year i'm going to play a few different songs to my mules as the siskin song is also a cracker and if they pick bits up from the different songs job will be a good un as i only really breed for me and my ears. :laugh:

I have had 3 pairs of Fifes with clear eggs, two pairs were sitting on 4 eggs, two hatched from each pair, removed the nests from the others, replaced them and two sitting on eggs now, one pair havent even shown any interest in building a nest.

• Like 2

They will get their act together mate don't worry. I've had a good early start to the season with the amount of breeding birds I've got so I'm tempted to pack in early with them after the next round so I've got the summer for fishing. That is unless my goldies start treading and then I'll have to give it a go with all the hens ;)

I've lobbed my goldies in the new aviary with the dimorphic that built up ages ago and hasn't layed yet, hopefully they will get a bloody move on now.

Fireman in your mixed aviaries do the finch cocks still tread canaries even when there's a hen of their own species in there?

Saw my lads redpoll cock tread his irish hen today and the redpoll is well paired up and his hen has just started sitting on her 3rd nest of the year,he's also still topping up the last chicks and the last nest the irish had was 3 goldie mules so they pick and choose by the looks of things.

• 3 weeks later...

I've done what I set out to do, goldie mules, finally.

My gloster that bred me my first linnet mule has produced my first goldie mule too. My little red hen I bred last year is on a clutch of them too, she's earnt herself a rest after these ;)

• Like 4