My new aviary I got yesterday

IMAG0257.jpg

My first linnet mule (probably a hen knowing my luck)

IMAG0252-1-1.jpg

A hen I bred last year who had my first round of young this year now sitting on 5 linnet mules :boogy:

IMAG0259.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've done what I set out to do, goldie mules, finally. My gloster that bred me my first linnet mule has produced my first goldie mule too. My little red hen I bred last year is on a clutch of them t

First siskin mules Agates bred from these

There's 3 chicks so far

Cheers for the luck, the older fellas keep sayin no matter [bANNED TEXT] you no u alus need a bit ov luck. got a chick hatched in the canary aivery. if i have a good breeding season i might get a pair ov british next year

Cracking Gnipper,if you can paint the wire black before the birds go in and your'll see them so much better mate and all the best with the mule eggs.Luck is half the job i'm begining to recon in this game and you wouldn't go far wrong with a pair of redpolls to start with Mikey,cracking little birds that do well in cage or aviary.

Red factor eggs all clear and she's jumped the nest anyway,thats my step back for today :censored: .The 2 steps forward are 2 redpoll chicks have fledged and i have a couple of lutino greenie eggs :thumbs: ,that'll do for today :laugh: .

• Like 1

nothing special to report so far,but the young irish are on the perches so looks like there thriveing well,5 young with the pair in flight,4 young with pair in double breeder,think thats a result,all eggs hatched and all were left in as laid,not replaced with dummy eggs this year just left em to it,pair in flight have built again today.

In the cage with just the one hen mate, got another hen ready to build up I could try him with too but I'm thinking I'll end up with a load of clear eggs which to me with only a few birds is a waste when I can breed pure Irish fancy or linnet mules.

My new aviary I got yesterday

IMAG0257.jpg

My first linnet mule (probably a hen knowing my luck)

IMAG0252-1-1.jpg

A hen I bred last year who had my first round of young this year now sitting on 5 linnet mules :boogy:

IMAG0259.jpg

atb gnipper on getting your new flight up and running mate :victory:

I find goldys are a bit shy in the bedroom department!!!!! Some don't like a audience mate it don't meen he doesn't have a dabble when your not there. Keep in there. Iv got one now that fights like hell with the canary no bonding at all but when no ones around and she isn't looking he slips her one quick!!!!!

I got a linnet hen for my cock yesterday and the b*****ds bloody killed her either over night or early hours. He's been treading an irish fancy hen most of the day today after that though. The hen who had my first linnet mule is now built up and getting fed by a goldie ;) , the red hen has got at least 4 linnet mules under her and I've got another irish fancy hen with some pure chicks under her.

Sort of luck i've been having mate,but good luck with the goldie mules.One of the new birds i got the other day is a egg eater,have lost 2 irish/goldie and a lutino greenie egg to it and both hens jumped the nests as well.Going to have to build a new flight for the new pairs and hope they sort it out,i have got some old eggs that are duff and was thinking of putting mustard in a couple like you would do with a chook egg eater,would this or does this work with natives anyone???????.