If you fed a dog only once every three days, you'd only be able to work it once every three days. You can't work a dog on a full stomach. Wolves and wild dogs gorge themselves whenever they get the chance; it might be once a week, or once every few days. Then they lie around digesting the mountain of meat and bone they've eaten until they need to eat again. That's not exactly what I'd want my dogs to do.

i have many dogs skycat and if u have read what i explained on the first page u might understand.in saying 3 days i might have got it a little mixed up.i skip a day i feed on a MONDAY none TUESDAY then WEDNESDAY a feed wich sumtimes they would stick there noses up2 .and yes i feed my dogs till they are full.my dogs will eat two feeds a day if fed dry meal.my dogs do not look in as good of health when fed on it.it works for me and the dogs they are in perfect health regurly exercized and plenty of rest.before any go to wrk they will get a bowl of milk and 4+ eggs, more for lurchers an hour before hand i do not see the problem atal here.just to add i will sometimes trow a few hand fulls of flake maize in a bowl for them wich i rarly do they are mainly on the raw diet.

a bowl of milk???? :huh:

why what do u do let them run on empty.when out with lurchers i will go out for 2 hours tops.a bowl of milk and six eggs an hour before hand is plenty.

aren't dogs lactose intollerant? they must shit through the eye of a needle after that! I give mine a couple of eggs a few hours before taking her out if I'm going to be out for a while, but I'd never give them milk.

rob u keep to what ur doing and il keep to mine.its seems everything i say is wrong to u.and wich i cudn giv a toss

so they're not lactose intollerant then? is that what you're saying? I'm only going by what I've read, it's not me that did any kind of test to find out if they are intollerant or not....so it's not actually me that's saying what you're doing is wrong.

I'm genuinely interested in what other people feed their dogs, I'm often modifying what I feed mine and if someone is doing something that is beneficial to the dog I'll think about introducing it to mine's diet. BUT, I was under the impression that dogs shouldn't have milk, I'd be interested to know if I'm wrong on that, and if I am what benefits it would bring.

iv done it before i had computers and internet and it has always worked i cudn be bothered to read up on it now its not gona change my ways.it would be interesting now to here of [NO TEXT TALK] had problems with dogs and milk.i have never had a problem and dont no [NO TEXT TALK] else that has ever had a problem.i could be wrong but its worked for me and the dogs.i have even sumtimes came home from a nights lamping filled a big bowl of milk 12 eggs and let them get stuck in till there feed nxt day never done any harm.i think it might of made them snore a bit tho :laugh:

If you fed a dog only once every three days, you'd only be able to work it once every three days. You can't work a dog on a full stomach. Wolves and wild dogs gorge themselves whenever they get the chance; it might be once a week, or once every few days. Then they lie around digesting the mountain of meat and bone they've eaten until they need to eat again. That's not exactly what I'd want my dogs to do.

i have many dogs skycat and if u have read what i explained on the first page u might understand.in saying 3 days i might have got it a little mixed up.i skip a day i feed on a MONDAY none TUESDAY then WEDNESDAY a feed wich sumtimes they would stick there noses up2 .and yes i feed my dogs till they are full.my dogs will eat two feeds a day if fed dry meal.my dogs do not look in as good of health when fed on it.it works for me and the dogs they are in perfect health regurly exercized and plenty of rest.before any go to wrk they will get a bowl of milk and 4+ eggs, more for lurchers an hour before hand i do not see the problem atal here.just to add i will sometimes trow a few hand fulls of flake maize in a bowl for them wich i rarly do they are mainly on the raw diet.

why what do u do let them run on empty.when out with lurchers i will go out for 2 hours tops.a bowl of milk and six eggs an hour before hand is plenty.

aren't dogs lactose intollerant? they must shit through the eye of a needle after that! I give mine a couple of eggs a few hours before taking her out if I'm going to be out for a while, but I'd never give them milk.

rob u keep to what ur doing and il keep to mine.its seems everything i say is wrong to u.and wich i cudn giv a toss

so they're not lactose intollerant then? is that what you're saying? I'm only going by what I've read, it's not me that did any kind of test to find out if they are intollerant or not....so it's not actually me that's saying what you're doing is wrong.

I'm genuinely interested in what other people feed their dogs, I'm often modifying what I feed mine and if someone is doing something that is beneficial to the dog I'll think about introducing it to mine's diet. BUT, I was under the impression that dogs shouldn't have milk, I'd be interested to know if I'm wrong on that, and if I am what benefits it would bring.

iv done it before i had computers and internet and it has always worked i cudn be bothered to read up on it now its not gona change my ways.it would be interesting now to here of [NO TEXT TALK] had problems with dogs and milk.i have never had a problem and dont no [NO TEXT TALK] else that has ever had a problem.i could be wrong but its worked for me and the dogs.i have even sumtimes came home from a nights lamping filled a big bowl of milk 12 eggs and let them get stuck in till there feed nxt day never done any harm.i think it might of made them snore a bit tho :laugh:

either your dogs are outside or you don't have a sense of smell!!! If I give mine any more than 2 eggs she stinks the feckin house out!!! :laugh:

either your dogs are outside or you don't have a sense of smell!!! If I give mine any more than 2 eggs she stinks the feckin house out!!! :laugh:

dogs in the house ! all outside mate we,v quite a few here sometimes they might get a little gassy on the egg and milk but nothing atal bad and thats just the odd time.from an early age iv givin it to them like that.i guess some dogs are worse than others maybe iv just been lucky :victory:

digger i think you are full of shite, you have been contradicting yourself all the way through this thread, first you say you might have made a mistake about the amount of days in-between feeding your dogs, ffs don't you know how often you feed them, then you feed your dogs 4+ eggs, now it's fecking 12, i think you are at the wind up :laugh: , if you aren't , then i have never known anyone to have as bad a feeding regeme as you give your dogs, i know pet dogs that are fed better than your "workers". :laugh:

• Like 1

digger i think you are full of shite, you have been contradicting yourself all the way through this thread, first you say you might have made a mistake about the amount of days in-between feeding your dogs, ffs don't you know how often you feed them, then you feed your dogs 4+ eggs, now it's fecking 12, i think you are at the wind up :laugh: , if you aren't , then i have never known anyone to have as bad a feeding regeme as you give your dogs, i know pet dogs that are fed better than your "workers". :laugh:

are u thick or just looking for an argument read it again

if i feed my dogs on a monday then skip a day and feed them the next i called that every 3 days wich i probly made the mistake of saying. and i give the smaller dogs 4+ eggs and the big dogs six and work 2 big dogs so that would be 12 eggs. just sounds to me ur a smart arse lookin for an argument read the tread again and dont even reply, the likes of you piss me off always looking for something to jump on.

if i feed my dogs on a monday then skip a day and feed them the next i called that every 3 days wich i probly made the mistake of saying. and i give the smaller dogs 4+ eggs and the big dogs six and work 2 big dogs so that would be 12 eggs. just sounds to me ur a smart arse lookin for an argument read the tread again and dont even reply, the likes of you piss me off always looking for something to jump on.

:laugh: and you called me thick, i don't know what school you went to, but i would call that feeding your dogs every 2 days, anyway you crack on with what you are doing as it obviously suits you, don't mind me i'm only being a smart ass. :bye:

:laugh: and you called me thick, i don't know what school you went to, but i would call that feeding your dogs every 2 days, anyway you crack on with what you are doing as it obviously suits you, don't mind me i'm only being a smart ass. :bye:

but i am thick did i not mention that at the start ,,my bad :yes:

but i am thick did i not mention that at the start ,,my bad :yes:

:laugh: :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

he said earlier he gives 4 eggs and milk and then goes out for up to 2 hours, wtf u going to get within 2 hours of leaving and returning home

if permission is on the doorstep then probably a few. Not everyone can be out all day or all night.

Depends where you live: there are plenty who live in the sticks and can walk a mile or so to get to their permission :yes: Not every hunter lives in the middle of a city.................or do some people think that the countryside is something you only see on Countryfile? Only accessible by car and travelling for hours. :tongue2::laugh:

• Like 1

terrier cought this little lad in my front yard.rabbits are plentyfull where i am.i have great hunting grounds around me thats why i am were i am.i lived in the city most of my life which is a right pain in the hole.every place u would go is hunted to death.and u have to travel a good bit for maybe 2 or 3 rabbits and thats out for 3 hours or more.never again :laugh:

post-44671-0-48173000-1337945331.jpg