What do you reckon to this as a tutorial?

yeah its a great tutorial . il tell you now its the hard way and he misses alot of improtant stuff out but you WILL get a knife at the end of it !!

swop the car fan for a £4 asda hair dryer and you can use a bbq as a one off forge . and swap out the wetstones for sand paper backed with a file and you will get what you want alot faster !!

its a great vid that one , one that alot of knife makers would rather you dint watch !!

Petes videos used to be on youtube, they were picked up on a blade forum, he got a slating for calling the steel zero-1 instead of O-1 (the O stands for Oil quench supposedly)..

It doesn't make a ha'peth of difference to me, he made a nice useable knife with the minimum of tools, that's what counted :yes:

One thing I would have done differently is when he made the scales, I would have epoxied one side straight on to the tang then when cured, drill through from the tang side..

I would then have epoxied the other scale and once cured drill it right through from the first side then epoxied the pins in..

It just saves time and reduces the chance of splitting one of the scales by repeatedly knocking them in then drawing them back out..

I would have used more electric tools than Pete though (lazier than him :icon_redface: )

Cheers, John