Legal advice anyone know the answer ??

Heres a tricky one for yous,

My grandmother just died ( without a will ) my grandfathers dead and so is my mother.

Myself and 3 other brothers have two aunties that we don't get along with on the same side of the family.

So lets just say my grandmother died with £30,000 in savings, 1/3 goes to both of my aunties ( her daughters ) and my mothers 1/3 split 4 ways to me and my 3 brothers. So I work that our at 1/12 each of the total.

Nows were it gets tricky. Because my brothers are reasonably well off and didn't have much of a relationship with my grandparents they don't want any of the estate. So they've signed off there part to say so. Now I want my cut never mind.

The question is do I still get my 1/12 as before or now am I entitled to 1/3 the same as my aunties ?????? And if not were does the other 3/12 go to that my brothers declined ???

Looking forward to the replies folks.

The solicitor will get the biggest cut and be paid first then months down the line you will get your share , anybody contests it and it will take years , Thats my view on solicitors

To true one. Old women across the road died about 4year ago she had two daughters. Ones contesting the will and the house has been empty all that time. The grandson comes cpl times a month to check on it. I always thought any cash went to the immediate family ie sons or daughters didn't know grand kids could get a cut.

• Like 1

To true one. Old women across the road died about 4year ago she had two daughters. Ones contesting the will and the house has been empty all that time. The grandson comes cpl times a month to check on it. I always thought any cash went to the immediate family ie sons or daughters didn't know grand kids could get a cut.

Seeing my mums dead and there was no will it goes to children so under the circumstances grandchildren ( me ) are Intitled to our mums 3rd.

Do your brothers have any kids ?? I would of thought if they do and don't want any money, it would have gone to their children.

I'm not sure your brothers can sign away there inheritance just like that. Maybe they could accept the money then give it to you.

Do your brothers have any kids ?? I would of thought if they do and don't want any money, it would have gone to their children.

I'm not sure your brothers can sign away there inheritance just like that. Maybe they could accept the money then give it to you.

Yes they have kids but as far as I can find on the net if a parent ( like mine ) dies before the grandparent then theyre kids are next in line ( grandchildren ) but it does not extend to great grandchildren. My brothers don't want anything to do with it so they will not accept it. The forms have been drafted already and they have signed they're part away. Very stubborn men, as for me I like to stirr things up plus it's mine by law so why not.

Edited by SON OFF SHAM