Long range hunting with two foreign friends

zini

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads,   Here is some long range shooting that I did with my 2 foreign friends Mr E and Mr W.   Not everyone will like this kind of shooting and at these ranges with a sub 12 ft / lb air rifle,

Hi Si, you will always get criticisms from those that are envious of your obvious shooting skill. Sir Slots -alot / Alan does long distance vermin control on Youtube with centrefires , he has had h

well you said you might get some stick zi mate but you wont get any from me thats for sure your a very resposible air gunner and you done your home work on last video fair play to you cracking shots

Posted Images

yeah will probably get removed . but why these things need discussin. most people as you say have pulled off long shots [fluke] shot's whatever. i'v done some outrageous shots over the years. if i mentioned em on here folk would call me a liar. but i couldnt give a chit ''i know what i'v done thats all that counts. public forums are good but you get all kinds on em good,bad and ugly LOL.

well you said you might get some stick zi mate but you wont get any from me thats for sure your a very resposible air gunner and you done your home work on last video fair play to you cracking shots -billy

• Like 2

so if its ok to put these shots up of sub 12ft lb rifles taking quarry at silly ranges then is it ok for serious fac air rifles taking big game at close range ?

There ya go Chimp! Pig hunting with a .25

For serious FAC look at this .....

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_Rogue_ePCP_Air_Rifle/2399

or this!!!!

http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/

Big game with FAC air rifles! Proves that it is possible given the right equipment. I have had a 70 yard bunny too, ideal conditions, laser ranged, killed instantly. Just practise like hell first!

Gentlemen I cannot see the problem here at all with this video or the way Si has gone about and conducted himself in this short clip. He stated that it was in answer to some threads on here and he knew that he would get negative comments for showing the clip. That to me says a lot about a man and his integrity and selfless commitment to find out the truth and educate others in subjects not so well understood or known. It also shows to me that he has took the time and effort to get out with his camera and actually film something with his own skills that the majority of us on here if I'm honest would not be able to do. Its better that HE shows the capabilities of a low powered air rifle than a idiot with no clue who throws a bad light all over the internet and this forum by wounding animals just to try and prove a point. The threads have now been answered and everyone has seen what can be achieved if time, effort, practice and skill is all put into place. Regarding "correct tool for the job" well unless I have been watching another short clip to others, that looked very much like a tool for the job. Granted not in everyone's hands, but neither is a FAC if the gentleman behind the trigger cant shoot for peanuts. Regarding "showing this on a busy forum where all can see and any idiot with a gun could try to have a go", what a silly statement. So that's like saying that anyone who produces a film in Hollywood or any film producer including the BBC that shows blood and guts in their films and documentaries are also irresponsible? I'm sure the film industry is seen by a lot bigger audience than The Hunting Life Forum. You live and you learn. God bless you Si and Davy and please keep up the very good work your both doing for the shooting industry.

Tanican.

• Like 2

nowt like putting the cat (or pellet) between the pigeons si... its a well touchy subject, but at the end of the day if youre capable of shooting at long range, and youre consistantly doing it rather than just getting lucky then why not... if youre not capable of shooting further than 30 yds, or 20, or 50 then dont shoot further than that, but if youve put the practice in and the conditions are right(and youre absolutely sure of the range youre shooting at) then go for it.

whether or not you should put it on an open forum is probably another issue, but at the end of the day some are gonna take inspiration from it, and some are gonna take umbridge, so what, you cant please everyone...

cheers, wurz

Edited by gurtwurz
  • Like 1

True John buddy,

I understand there will be different thoughts from different people on the subject :yes:, but that's what the forum is all about to debate issues and voice your opinions just like Chimp did least night and I fully appreciate his and everyone's opinions.

I new what I was doing when I posted the thread and I did expect both positive and negative responses.

Si.

theres a couple three levals of shooters, not including the 'elite' types..

group 1. seen it want it cant do shit with it, but hey the hypes a big one and theyre the best theres ever been.

gruop2. stuck with it and got rid the gob shites and actualy gone through the initial faize of just getting used to carrying the gun around lol.

group3. those that actualy thought 'hang on..thres a practicle reason why izza missing...

group4. they figured a few things out..and got serious.

group 5. they dont have the time to put in 8 hours plus a day..walking shooting learning the land learningthe species..

............ so they do a little home ork in the yard. 15 hours on a saturday, very few of them go anywhere towards the top end..those that do take an awful long time about.

............ those that chill a bit, and start with just holding the gun every day, take 20-30 shots at most every day, and patiently wait untill their mind and body are actualy begining to tune in.

group6. went through being bored shitless..went through the petty pulls, twitchs, anrgy faize...near on tears to why they were so crap at it, then learned the unltimate biginers lesson, ahhhhh... dont get so het up, deal with it, relax..let it flow. (step back from it and see whats what without imotionaly blinding them selves).

oooo.. nearly getting there.. group 8. they started to learn. silly things like to zero a rifle a 'group' is only an estimation zero, the one hole stuff begins, yes, at 35 plus yards the zero is hitting the same pellet hole, hurray!! thats stage 1.

stage 2. they get out on a range and put that one hole group on anything they look at near or far.. heres where tragectries scope height pellet n power levals come into play. (you dont actualy need the tecky jargon, but sheesh yu look stupid every time you open your mouth, been there done that).

stage 3. angle of inclanation, ret patterns, distance and variations, windage...they start to become a reflex, no thought required.

stage 5. hurayyyy you start actualy shooting fluent like.. it 'flows.

now yu start to learn...................................................................

theres only one realistic veiw here, lie to your self you'll go down hill. be true to yourself you'll find the other end of a skill that many dont get a look in at. takes time, and a lot of patient effert.

the dangers? listening to week end warriors with gas bag mouth bigger than their ego.

du dahhh....

when you know for real..then its time to opinionate.

i doubt very much zini went with the attitude of of oooooo wander if i can.. i doubt he even though 'failure' because he knows not to 'failure' plan it all. a state of mind you can only gain with the practicle hands on exsperience.

nar then.. the rag mags and people who cant get the time in, or the dicks and spanners with money to throw around are told a set of rules because at their leval awarenes, and personal developemt, both in person and for the 'likely' skill levals acheivable they really are or can be adanger to others including the wildlife..so obviously the guide lines apply to your skill and knowadge, and of course your mental maturaty and attitude.

all thats needed now is the ego clash, the one where all insundry based on their own personal 'exsperience' or hype thy heard second hand pass an opinion and generally cause the panto arguements for fun and entertainment, the one who shouts loudest longest bores the others into submision.

hmmm, fighting over the scraps definatly indicates to the anti's that these 'boy's' arnt really fit to handle guns...they could be right.. letting emotions and ignorance guide, taint a good start to the day is it lol.

some can kill, some cant kill..others really shouldnt be aloud. eather way round its nessasary to manage numbers, and sometimes a little skill solves a hell of a later problem. it has a reason, and a practibility...if you can acheive that skill leval.

so yes, can you be true to yourself? are you just shooting hot air? lol.

• Like 1

Hi Tanican buddy,

Good to hear from you again friend.

I hope the back is getting better now after the operation mate :thumbs:.

Hows the Ultra doing pal? You been able to get in the garden with it yet?

Si.

excellent shooting si,and a great documentation of what a sub 12ft/lb air rifle is capable of in the right hands and the right conditions.i now my limit as do most of the regulars on the THL forum,i now have an insight of what my rifle is capable of.Hats of to you Si for posting such a touche subject,i for one appreciate all the time and effort you and davey put in .keep it up mate...Ste :thumbs:

Yeah Phil do it pal :thumbs: .

I'm always up for meeting regulars and having a shoot with them.

I think you can do the long range shooting this time though and Ill film you :D.

Some of the shots you were telling me about last night are well out of my own capabilities :yes: so I would be happy to watch and learn .

Si.

Your in a no win situation Zini, all I can say is keep doing what your doing. The positives certainly out way the negatives.I for one have learnt a great deal from your posts over time and I've been shooting for years.If you haven't got the common sense to know your limits,then you should ask yourself if you should be shooting at all.

PS.You've still got the Lurcher boys to come. :whistling:

• Like 1