22inch and under

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

22" whip bull grey

My little Christmas cracker......   Caught the other day.   URL=http://s742.photobucket.com/user/wuyanging/media/image_3.jpeg.html][/url]

Forgot this post was even here, my dog diesel 21tts. He is a great little dog, done things I never thought a dog of this size and structure would do. Getting on in life now tho, I wish he was 2 agai

Posted Images

Forgot this post was even here, my dog diesel 21tts.

He is a great little dog, done things I never thought a dog of this size and structure would do.

Getting on in life now tho, I wish he was 2 again ??

post-70168-0-32688000-1481446522_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

My little Christmas cracker......

Caught the other day.

URL=]http://s742.photobucket.com/user/wuyanging/media/image_3.jpeg.html]image_3.jpeg[/url]

What cross is he/she? Probably just the bird but almost looks a lab cross
Dam...Gamekeepers springer...accidental mating to his big old lurcher.9393aa92bbc9ae3ed49bfe2bc8d68444.jpg

Couple more of my bitcha5a30bf058422188e16d8e86bc04b2a1.jpg6a6938549f4db376707434a6e4738090.jpg

After asking that I remembered you posting on here. Looks spot on, I can imagine the retrieve is good. A spaniel is quite a quick thing for what it is and seem to be able to turn quickly at full pelt, good nose and hunting instinct

post-96774-0-70535000-1481485250_thumb.jpg

IMG_6803_zpsmkoa8lud.jpg

IMG_5476_zpsroagpu3p.jpg

IMG_3806.jpg

IMG_4946_zpsavpvjgyc.jpg

All 22" or under. Some have been no world beaters, but we've had some good sport along the way. The others have been eye opening. :thumbs:

I really like the dog in third pic down. Looks so much like a lurcher I had the use of once. The sire was a large collie type of unknown breeding. A street cur of the type that were common on council estates at the time. Not that I'm suggesting that the dog in trenchfoot's photo is in anyway a cur, it's a cracking looking animal, and the dog I'm remembering was an outstanding hunting dog. One day he " accidently " mated a racing bitch owned by a friend's dad. There was hell to pay when the truth came out but the pups were kept and one of them ended up with a neighbour. I used to take him out. Not that it was planned in anyway.

Chiko was his pet name and he had all the qualities of his dad but with a smaller size and a little bit speed. Not the sort that would of been any use run off a slip but we didn't need that sort. We hunted semi derelict and neglected industrial land overgrown with gorse and bramble. There was game there but impossible to find unless you had a dog that could use it's nose and loved bashing cover. Chiko was made for it. He didn't work cover like a spaniel or terrier but used ground and air scent to efficiently find anything that was about and more often than not catch it. A lurcher.

• Like 3