Treadmill????

Lab for fitness you can't beat fartlek training - google it :thumbs:

As someone else said 10k is fcuk all when you reach a reasonable level, good luck. And when you do it make sure to post pics in your spandex :laugh:

yeh that fartlek is hard stuff.... you can do that with dogs as well

As said before Fartlek is interval training it can be as hard as you like. Nothing better for recovery times imo :thumbs:

Also you can incorporate it into anything your doin ie bike, swimming, running, whatever. :thumbs:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

get out on on the beach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-7Vu7cqB20

never been a big fan of treadmills but when I have tried them in the past I've been able to keep going for a reasonable time......but if I go running outside I have a lung hanging out of my mouth afte

You dont have to provide any forward motion on a treadmill, makes all the difference. Off road running is the best training by far. Get in the fields

Trained like this but prob 200 sit ups 5 days per week 1999-2001 and its the fittest iv ever been .

6 ft 5 in and 16 stone 6 lbs i was with not an ounce of Fat

I was toned but had a bit size also.

Abbs peter andre would of envied.

All Juice free i may add.

6 foot 5 :icon_eek: ....jesus !!.....Id love to have been that tall might have been able to get my head out the way of a few punches :D ......Its very hard to get great size when your that tall you look at someone like Schwarzeneger who for me was the most perfect bodybuilder ever at 6 foot 2 he was seen as a really tall guy.....that feeling of great fitness even if only for a short while is certainly something we remember though i think any man remotely interested in fitness can remember the time they was at their physical peak.

Bimey Max i think i better start being a little bit more polite to you :D .........................6 foot 5 !!!!!

:tongue2: skinny fecker max 6.5 and only 16,,, im heavier than that now :icon_redface:

gnash thats max stood next to me in my avatar,, im the shorter better looking one holding the trophy

Edited by TOMO

Not to pick holes in your routine.....but chest and triceps together is a big no no....bench press being the basis to any chest workout is 70% triceps......by the time you get round to working them they are already fatigued from your chest workout....or if you do them first you,ll never exhaust your chest.....best to keep chest and tris apart.

:thumbs: ......Everyone has strong and weak parts...for me the strong parts were across the shoulders and chest inherited from the ol man but the weakness was legs mine used to look like they were put on upside down i was all calfs :D ....id love to have that attitude but im an obssessive person unfortunately... ive quit many times over the years but soon get the old itch......just started lifting again recently after some back trouble last year that i thought might put the final nail in the coffin..........thank god i havent got to resort to the golf clubs just yet !! Edited by gnasher16

f**k the treadmills got given an old weider one by a neighbour,

he said you have to wiggle the orange plastic key thingy to get it working i did that but the autistic lad had a fiddle with it ,an it was on full pelt shot me straight backwards :laugh:

it was on freecycle next day an collected by a marathon trainee

so there ends my attempt to get fit!

• Like 1

At the ripe old age of 40 I'm leaving the weights behind (with the exception of deadlifts and squats) with the intention of concentrating on gymnastic stuff for a while. Combination of boredom, niggling injuries and fancying a new challenge. Gotta say, it's great (if you go slowly with the increased probabliity of tendon, ligament injury etc).

The beauty of it is I can do it anywhere...when i go out fishing on my kayak I head to a little island and pop the rings up in a tree and, hey presto, my gym is ready.

Unfortunately most folk can't handle the slow, incremental improvements and tend to give up before seeing any gains in strength, athleticism etc which is easy to understand 'cos it's inevitably a long process. I reckon in about a year to 18 months I should be doing flashy planches and all that malarkey.

Some good tutorials on youtube for anyone with a decent level of strength who wants to branch out a bit and try something a bit different.

This old geezer's 48 I believe, and seems in pretty decent nick

is it TRX type stuff your doing gitano ??

Nah mate, although the TRX work looks good :thumbs: I've jumped into gymnastic rings and floor work. Very hard work it is, too. I've started sleeping 9 hours a night and an hour siesta every afternoon. Luckily I live in the heart of lazy b*****d territory i.e.Spain, so it's doable :laugh:

Working towards stuff like this

Gotto admit, it makes me laugh when folk take the piss out of bodybuilders. Some of 'em are the most disciplined people out there. I like my booze and tucker too much and could never diet like these dudes

• Like 1

why not just hit the road with a dog,instead of driving to the gym and paying to go on a treadmill?

.exercise the dogs

.get some fresh air

.actually get a decent work out

find 2 or 3 decent routes to mix it up and you'll soon figure out how far you have to go etc

the moving floor makes it easier on the joints as its essentially like getting a push in the back and theres less impact on the floor due to its movement,you are basically covering more ground with less effort and anything that requires more effort is obviously tougher,hence outside running is tougher than mill running as so many other things come into play....same as you will lift heavier weight on a smiths machine than a free barbell as the balancing is done for you and less muscle groups are required......

But hey f**k it what do i know you lads crack on !

When I started at a gym, my friends son (Sports and fitness trainer) told me the opposite of that saying for basic beginners cardio to steer clear of the running machine as it's bad for the joints in the long run (especially when carrying excess weight!). He said on a treadmill your joints impact together in the same place everytime causing more localised wear but when running outside the terrain subtly changes and so joints impact at slightly differant points everytime. If your just after pure, fat burning cardio to stay on the rowing machines and cross trainers.

Never really got into gym work and found it boring after a month or two and the novelty had worn off. Started running and cycling outside which I found a lot less tedious but a damn sight harder!

I could jog/run 5k on a treadmill without really getting too out of breath but after a few miles outside I was puffing like a 60 a day smoker! lol