im trying to get a well bred chocolate patterdale

Guest pete77

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pete77
Why chocolate ??? as long as he does the job i don't care about the colour .......I would rather look for good

working stock from devoted digging fellas ..........

JMHO

MAX

;););)

:yes::yes:

allready got 4 black digging dogs a bit of new blood wont do any harm so i thought mite put a bit of choc in p.s. we dont sell pups we give them to working homes . if your going to keep somthing a long time you may as well like it

Surely some new blood from something black & working will do then..........???..............The fuckers could be pink for all I care as long as they work............Just sounds like cosmetic appeal is being put before working ability when your asking for a specific colour above anything else..???................People have done this with strains of lakey by introducing "welsh terrier" blood for cosmetic reasons & to get a "type".......... That ended in tears.......... :(

Surely some new blood from something black & working will do then..........???..............The fuckers could be pink for all I care as long as they work............Just sounds like cosmetic appeal is being put before working ability when your asking for a specific colour above anything else..???................People have done this with strains of lakey by introducing "welsh terrier" blood for cosmetic reasons & to get a "type".......... That ended in tears.......... :(

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

In answer to Thurso...................Fair enough if someone offered me1 off 2 digging terriers......1 Pink & 1 Black then I'd take the Black............But if the Pink one was the true worker & the black one just "looked" nice then.......I dont have to go on really do I.......... :whistle: .................. This shite about "type" "stamp" & "colour" has a PROVEN history of being to the detriment of working ability when introduced to "smarten" up a line.............In short its bollocks............I know someone who has a true working line of terriers , (They happen to be Chocs which is Ironic).....but they can sometimes throw dogs with bad mouths.......As it does'nt look nice should he try to introduce something to tidy it up , No chance....If it aint broke....dont fix it.......... ;) ............ This Choc craze at the moment is about the coin ........ simple imo....... :angry:

As to your reference about rough or smooth terriers............Having a rough coated terrier when used for serious work these days can be a sensible choice......As I have said before in another post re: wheatens...It can hide a multitude of sins.....so thats fair enough..................I know for a fact that certain lads are specifically breeding chocs as they "Are worth a few quid..!!!!".........shocking......... :(

Edited by elisderyn

Cant argue with what you say elis, working line first but if someone has like your mates dogs working choc ones this lad is bound to be more interested in them rather working black ones. what hes looking for isnt impossible to find as you have stated and if hes willing to wait, then he can get what hes after

i sure do, but to me if you want a certain type of dog you have to be prepared to wait for it, yes someties you may get lucky but personally i wouldnt mind waiting a few years for the right dog and i would certainly look at few before i made the decision on one.

but priorities have to be made worker then colour.