Harris Hawk Book

Shaunm41

Hi, Im going to get another harris hawk this year to train myself.. Has been about 10 years since I had one so am a bit rusty on the details.. Can anyone recommend a good book that will be good for me to read to get back up to speed?

Thanks

Shaun

Hi mate, iv've a book you are more than welcome to borrow... forgive me but why would you need a book if you've had a hawk before!!! we've only been hawking two-three years but what we learnt in that short time i will never forget ti'll the day i die. sorry if im sounding a bit IFF. ps im only in wakefield if your'e really stuck. liam.

Hiya mate, Thanks for your reply.. What book is it mate just out of interest?

The reason I want a book is just to get it all back in my mind.. The Harris I only had for a few months and didnt train it myself as it was 3 years old when I got it.. I had a mentor at the time and he got me my first bird which was a 1/4 Gyr x saker falcon and spent most of my time in the sport with that.. Then bought a Kestrel and 2 Barn owls.. Then had to give it all up after about a year as my grandparents (who I lived with at the time) moved to Spain and I went with them.. I was only 17 - 18 at the time... Now im 28 and only just in a position to get back into it.. Am looking for someone to go out with sometime aswell just try get it all back fresh in my head... Id rather start again as a beginner than think I know it all and end up doing something wrong..

Thanks

Shaun

• Like 1

Hi i am getting a female in july to train up my self been out with a mate a few times but he has now moved away so i need to find anyone in the westyorkshire area who could help just if i can come alon to learn basics just so i am 100percent ready for her read up a LOT but best way to learm is hands on so if anyone can help i would be greatfull !

07943620210 of anyone would like to get hold of me call or text anytime thanks