lads docks will always try to piss you off ,, i was looking at the last posts he put on here and every one is aimed to piss someone off,,, nothing wrong with what stubby posted on here,, show us some of your pics lets see what you do ,, sas i said before,, your a cock mate,, :yes: .

So let's get this right Stig; just because it's a rat the law doesn't apply, and it doesn't matter? :no:

Yeah, that's right; I'm an anti/copper/grass whatever...... the usual THL crap. Someone doesn't agree with the majority and are labelled straight away because it's the easiest insult at the time..... :yes:

As for Rolfe suggesting the I am putting people off posting; what a load of crap. Why did JohnB, JohnGalway, DitchShitter and all the other decent members leave or stop posting? I'd suggest it was more to do with the 'look at my big dick' type posts that seem to be so prevelant these days. This whole thread is a classic example of that; it may as well be titled 'look at this poorly trapped rat that I let my second rate terrier finish off'.

Get a grip people. It's not people like me that will kill this forum; it's the macho dickheads who just can't help themselves.

I'm out of here.

you make me giggle, keep at em matey :laugh:

:hmm: :hmm:

So let's get this right Stig; just because it's a rat the law doesn't apply, and it doesn't matter? :no:

Yeah, that's right; I'm an anti/copper/grass whatever...... the usual THL crap. Someone doesn't agree with the majority and are labelled straight away because it's the easiest insult at the time..... :yes:

As for Rolfe suggesting the I am putting people off posting; what a load of crap. Why did JohnB, JohnGalway, DitchShitter and all the other decent members leave or stop posting? I'd suggest it was more to do with the 'look at my big dick' type posts that seem to be so prevelant these days. This whole thread is a classic example of that; it may as well be titled 'look at this poorly trapped rat that I let my second rate terrier finish off'.

Get a grip people. It's not people like me that will kill this forum; it's the macho dickheads who just can't help themselves.

I'm out of here.

spit it out stig??? dont be shy :laugh:

I'm out of here.

spit it out stig??? dont be shy :laugh:

;) ;)

i only come on here to read the arguments , i love THL it keeps me entertained for hours

stubby , you fecking amateur , get your fat arse back down the garden and set that trap properly this time,there could be a few more yet, obviously i alway get dead catches when i,m trapping , but i,m a pro and don,t need a pet terrier for back up

• Like 1

Interesting all this,Ive noticed too many members seem to have a 'chip on their shoulder'.( and i include myself as one !)Surprisingly,even one or two of the more experienced and respected countrymen.(not sure why this is)Whats more important however, is how you conduct yourself on here.I think replying with criticism or defending yourself,can be acceptable,but its not respectful to include personal insults,along with it.(Im not dumb enough,or naive to take anything on here too personally anyway.)As for R.docks and Rolfe,to be fair i think youve BOTH made valid points during the course of this,in response to each other.As ive said before, ive learned a bit (and im sure im not the only one !) on this forum.So this along with many other reasons, is why it serves a useful purpose.I wanted to make some general points here,and i can assure you it is not aimed at anyone in particular.

r,docks himself is responsible for so many not posting on here any more,, he has been a thorn in my side from the word go and always been one to criticize post of others while not adding anything constructive himself,, the good men on here post else where now,, ain't worth the rows on here with the likes of docks high jacking posts of others and to be honest ,, making them look as if they done some thing wrong..

Been reading this post and for me there has been some good points of view made. My take on the original post is that yes the rat could have got himself trapped in a better position so as to die instantly, but it never. So how anybody can put a trap down and say that it will catch the intended target at a certain point is beyond me, because the (target) rat is free to roam and could enter trap from either direction, unless it was cornered into only having the one way through the trap. Yes the rat got caught by his leg but the dog the dispatched it as quick as possible, which is the way it has got to be.

Poison works but takes so long to work that by the time the rat has died it's now somewhere that he can't be located, ok that may be in the great outdoors but it could so easily die in a place where animals that are heading for the food chain can eat it. Then now its in the food chain , heading for your stomach. Not such a good alternative now is it, the trapped rat will not make me ill.

You could think i'm a for or against fieldsports, but i hunt, shoot and fish and i do them to the best of my abilities not to cause any of my intended quarry distress. Yes i go after something with intention and not willy nilly, if what i have in my hands is not up to whats infront of me then it still lives another day.