few weeks back our daughter said she saw a rat in the garden, so put a cople of break backs out under a wire cage, but nothing, then yesterday I saw the bugga, and found its entry point into the garden, so buried a mk4 fenn directly in front of the area, few hours later with heard the high pitch squeal, "smart" our JRT rushed in, in true terrier style to finish it off, total length 15 1/4 inches

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0199.jpg

:hmm: I'm not sure about the wisdom of showing a picture of a rat caught by the back leg in a trap? :no:

Why Not?........the trap was correctly set in a cubby, and the dog was on hand to humanely dispatch it, foul catches do happen from time to time it's a fact of life. In an ideal world it would have been killed outright but we live in the real world and there is nothing wrong with showing what happens when things sometimes don't go to plan.

If you bother to look properly Rolfe, you will see plenty of constructive posts from me :yes:

As for the picture; we all know it happens occasionally, but the point I was trying to make was that I'm not sure how wise it is to advertise the fact with a picture. How desperate do you need to be for kudos to want to post a picture like that? Oh, and to admit that a dog was used to 'finish it off' is also not the most sensible thing to post. :no:

Now you may not agree with my opinion, but this is a public forum, which anyone can view at any time (you don't even need to register to view the forum), and we all know that the site is monitored by several of the more 'noisey' animal rights organisations. How many times have we seen pictures and posts taken out of context and used on other websites to discredit fieldsports?

We are under increasing scrutiny these days, and should all be cautious about what is posted.

If you bother to look properly Rolfe, you will see plenty of constructive posts from me :yes:

As for the picture; we all know it happens occasionally, but the point I was trying to make was that I'm not sure how wise it is to advertise the fact with a picture. How desperate do you need to be for kudos to want to post a picture like that? Oh, and to admit that a dog was used to 'finish it off' is also not the most sensible thing to post. :no:

Now you may not agree with my opinion, but this is a public forum, which anyone can view at any time (you don't even need to register to view the forum), and we all know that the site is monitored by several of the more 'noisey' animal rights organisations. How many times have we seen pictures and posts taken out of context and used on other websites to discredit fieldsports?

We are under increasing scrutiny these days, and should all be cautious about what is posted.

:bad:

Not the most sensible thing to post that a dog finished a rat off.........what planet are you on. My terrier does it day in day out as a working terrier that is what she does........quite lawfully. As a moderator I am well aware of pictures that can be used by the Anti-hunting brigade and they are removed where and when it is required, but this is a hunting site, and if THEY or YOU don't like what you see then tough sh*t. Why don't you tell us all what type of fieldsports you are involved with (if any) and put some informative and constructive posts up with pictures if possible, then we can ridicule your posts and see how you like it. :thumbs:

Is this a new forum rule then? Constructive posts only? Or should that be, 'posts deemed constructive in the opinion of Rolfe'?

As for the comment about the terrier, I'm well aware of how effective they are, but allowing a terrier to kill a rat that is held in a trap is NOT legal. You, as a professional, and a moderator should know that.

People may not like my opinion, but surely I have the right to express it. Wouldn't it be a boring world if we all agreed all of the time.

• Like 1

Is this a new forum rule then? Constructive posts only? Or should that be, 'posts deemed constructive in the opinion of Rolfe'?

As for the comment about the terrier, I'm well aware of how effective they are, but allowing a terrier to kill a rat that is held in a trap is NOT legal. You, as a professional, and a moderator should know that.

People may not like my opinion, but surely I have the right to express it. Wouldn't it be a boring world if we all agreed all of the time.

Nearly every post you reply to you riducule or make some smart ass comment to disrupt the post, just as you have done to this one. The point i am making is you NEVER put up posts about what YOU have done, just jump onto other peoples threads to cause as much trouble as you can. It is because of people like you that the members don't bother to put up decent threads anymore. I have better things to do than get into a slanging match with you however much you crave the air of publicity so this will be my last comment on the subject, but please put a decent thread up for us all to enjoy. :bye:

:hmm: I'm not sure about the wisdom of showing a picture of a rat caught by the back leg in a trap? :no:

some of the shit you post mate - makes me think your an anti if you dont like it feck off .. its a rat ffs
  • Like 1

So let's get this right Stig; just because it's a rat the law doesn't apply, and it doesn't matter? :no:

Yeah, that's right; I'm an anti/copper/grass whatever...... the usual THL crap. Someone doesn't agree with the majority and are labelled straight away because it's the easiest insult at the time..... :yes:

As for Rolfe suggesting the I am putting people off posting; what a load of crap. Why did JohnB, JohnGalway, DitchShitter and all the other decent members leave or stop posting? I'd suggest it was more to do with the 'look at my big dick' type posts that seem to be so prevelant these days. This whole thread is a classic example of that; it may as well be titled 'look at this poorly trapped rat that I let my second rate terrier finish off'.

Get a grip people. It's not people like me that will kill this forum; it's the macho dickheads who just can't help themselves.

I'm out of here.

Edited by R. Docks

So let's get this right Stig; just because it's a rat the law doesn't apply, and it doesn't matter? :no:

Yeah, that's right; I'm an anti/copper/grass whatever...... the usual THL crap. Someone doesn't agree with the majority and are labelled straight away because it's the easiest insult at the time..... :yes:

As for Rolfe suggesting the I am putting people off posting; what a load of crap. Why did JohnB, JohnGalway, DitchShitter and all the other decent members leave or stop posting? I'd suggest it was more to do with the 'look at my big dick' type posts that seem to be so prevelant these days. This whole thread is a classic example of that; it may as well be titled 'look at this poorly trapped rat that I let my second rate terrier finish off'.

Get a grip people. It's not people like me that will kill this forum; it's the macho dickheads who just can't help themselves.

I'm out of here.

you make me giggle, keep at em matey :laugh:

'look at this poorly trapped rat that I let my second rate terrier finish off'.

I'm out of here.

firstly, its a pet jack russell, so prob is 2nd rate in your eye's, but she's humainly killed many a rat on pest jobs for me, terrier instinct makes her rush in, so the minute the rat was caught and squealed, she was out the kitchen door and onto it, before I had even got out of the chair, but at least the rat was not caught like that for hours, rather than seconds,

so, how was my post "a macho dickhead" post, as it seems your implying that,not only do you slate my post, but also my dog, if you check my post record, you'll see Im very rarely here anymore, reason being is members like you, as rolfe says, never a decent post of their own, only moans about others