SMK 19 .22

the SMK 19 .22 rifle i have seen is hitting 11.5 ft/lbs when it was tested in the registered firearms dealer shop. it comes a combo, rifle, scope, gun bag and pellets all brand new for £175 is this a bargin ? How sucessful will this be for shooting rabbits, squirells and birds ?

Use on myself now and again.

Once your used to the fairly rough trigger and its run in properley, they are fine budget rifles :yes:

The newer versions are far improved from the earlier guns that gave the Chinese such a bad reputation :yes:

You sure it was putting out 11.5? Chronoed mine the other day with Crosman Premier UltraMagnum got a pretty consistant 10.35 average with a 5fps variation.

Then used AAF's and got a healthy 10.53 ft/lbs average with 7fps variation.

Much more than is needed for normal range kills of all legal British vermin

Tony

I looked at one last week at Sandwell and they were doing the combo for £129. Even at that price I thought it rough; I'd hold out for something with a better lifecycle.

They're an entry level package for folk to get into the sport and try it without the need for a re-morgage, if they like it, they can move into the darkside :D

Agreed, I dismissed three rifles on the basis that they were all rubbish compared with my Hammerli which is completely unfair. I only wanted a plinker so went for a used Lightning (today) and in fairness, the three I tried (Stoeger/SMK/Beeman) were all probably as good as the lightning or even better.

I think to be fair you are getting a lot of equipment there for your money especially if you were to buy the Sandwell Field Sports combo.

As far as killing the quarry species you mentioned i think you will have no problems at all as long as you do your part and master that trigger unit and its let off.

With the power you have mentioned that rifle is capable of easily killing all the UK legal vermin out to the range that you are accurate with it, which i should imagine will be between 25 and 40 yards you depending.

Best of luck with it any way pal.

Si.