Judges for Ballywalter Game Fair

Guest Sorley Boys clan

albert i know a lurcher does not have to be working to be in any of the classes, a blind man could judge condition ..the dog is being judged on if given the opportunity to work at ( what ever class its entered in could it do the job better than the rest of the enterants ) ie fox dog ,hare dog , lamping dog ect now wouldnt a judge need to have a wide understanding of working lurchers an not just chasing a tescos bag on a string

• Like 1

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The old shows are a good days craic...   Im waiting always waiting on the antique, arthritic, held together by pins rabbit class. But they haven't made one yet. When they do, we might be in for a ch

jaysus lads give the girl a break....i mean seriously does rosettes mean that much to yous ...just go and enjoy the show lads and if you dont like the judge dont show but jaysus give the weee girl a b

I have known Albert, Seamus and matt for coming on 35 years....all my days in lurchers...they have organised, showed and held events all over the country to let every lurcher, terrier and whippet man

Posted Images

Just one question to all of you guys who are criticising Rose being given the judging appointment at Ballywalter - how many of you have beaten her dogs in the racing! Or more importantly how many of your dogs could?

Guest Sorley Boys clan

Just one question to all of you guys who are criticising Rose being given the judging appointment at Ballywalter - how many of you have beaten her dogs in the racing! Or more importantly how many of your dogs could?

:laugh: ffs wise up albert its working dogs we keep
  • Like 1

Albert you spend your life defending your actions doesn't that tell you something??

I have no need to 'defend my actions' - I did not select Rose to judge - but I did approve it.

I think it is most unfair of anyone to 'prejudge' a selected judge without waiting to see the result of the judging. Rose has been a big winner at our fairs and throughout the country for many years with good well conditioned dogs and I suspect most of her critics could not pick, breed , or train a dog to beat her.

I respond to critical posts on this forum - not because I have to justify myself to anyone but I think it is necessary to try to put a reasoned point of view to those who apparently delight in posting only criticism. It is significant that all three of our events last year had the largest turnouts of terriers, lurchers and whippets so the vast majority of owners think we are getting it more right than wrong!

albertj

I think you have answered my question!

Guest Sorley Boys clan

I think you have answered my question!

i know that wasnt ment to be a compliment but im taking it as one :thumbs: but if i was to go an get a non reg greyhound i would scalp the arse of rose :D( if i was into racing dogs ) Edited by Sorley Boys clan
  • Like 2

Albert you spend your life defending your actions doesn't that tell you something??

I have no need to 'defend my actions' - I did not select Rose to judge - but I did approve it.

I think it is most unfair of anyone to 'prejudge' a selected judge without waiting to see the result of the judging. Rose has been a big winner at our fairs and throughout the country for many years with good well conditioned dogs and I suspect most of her critics could not pick, breed , or train a dog to beat her.

I respond to critical posts on this forum - not because I have to justify myself to anyone but I think it is necessary to try to put a reasoned point of view to those who apparently delight in posting only criticism. It is significant that all three of our events last year had the largest turnouts of terriers, lurchers and whippets so the vast majority of owners think we are getting it more right than wrong!

albertj

albert your being silly now about what i have put in red. i've had lurchers for a very long time so dont be insulting folk who know there dogs
Guest Sorley Boys clan

another small point i would like to make is all of roses friends and family sitting this show out because it wouldnt be right for rose to be judging their dogs

• Like 2

albertj

albert your being silly now about what i have put in red. i've had lurchers for a very long time so dont be insulting folk who know there dogs

Well Danny,

We are always willing to listen to experienced people who 'know their dogs' and are prepared to put their expertise forward and offer to judge. We have a UK lurcher judge for Shanes but there are four lurcher judges required for Birr - would you to put yourself forward?

AlbertJ

PS closed for the night - I'm just on my way out to celebrate st Pats.

albertj

Well Danny,

We are always willing to listen to experienced people who 'know their dogs' and are prepared to put their expertise forward and offer to judge. We have a UK lurcher judge for Shanes but there are four lurcher judges required for Birr - would you to put yourself forward?

AlbertJ

PS closed for the night - I'm just on my way out to celebrate st Pats.

no problem if someone called to me and asked