Judges for Ballywalter Game Fair

Albert,First and foremostly this has never been a personal attack on you,but the polcies you and your colleagues have insitu, however, you seem to have taken it to above and beyond another level.

Point 1) if you could highlight to me, exactly where in all of my 6 replies have I spoke of Rose(other than page 3 reply34) or Fox Gun Tom for that matter? ~ I await your reply on that one.

2)I have repeatedly asked if you and your gundog fraternity would be happy with a judge that was not familiar with gundogs being appointed at your field trials as a judge?~I await your answer

3)You asked for suggestions last year for your shows,I suggested free entry for exhibitors to your shows or holding the shows outside the main show ie no entrance fee to the game fairs,as does happen in the UK(I did name the shows last year)and you did not feel that was a good idea.You came up with a free pass if the exhibitors paid in to one show they got into the other show free.

4) You claim you want to showcase the lurcher and charge the owners to come in with their dogs, can the same be said for the main ring attractions do they pay to get in?~I await your answer

5) showcasing the lurcher as you claim your trying to do its only fair the judge should have a wealth of knowledge of working lurchers in the field while I appreciate a lot of lurchers dont work they do need to look fit for purpose. My partner and I were asked at short notice to judge the lurchers at an adjoining hunt show in the Midlands we accepted and on the day we stipulated no strung up necks,no stacking the dogs, and moved on a slack lead,WHY did we do this? because nobody does that to a lurcher when they are out ferreting,lamping or mouching about so why do it in the ring? the hunt were delighted with the response that they got back from the exhibitors of how refreshing to see lurchers judged au naturale.

Since you have now brought this down to a personnel level I put it to you that your only interested in the money side of lurchers?My observation substantiate this.

I speak when I have something to say hence this being my (7th) post on this topic reflect that,so Albert step up to the plate, stop bucking the trend and answer the questions

Y.I.S Leeview

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The old shows are a good days craic...   Im waiting always waiting on the antique, arthritic, held together by pins rabbit class. But they haven't made one yet. When they do, we might be in for a ch

jaysus lads give the girl a break....i mean seriously does rosettes mean that much to yous ...just go and enjoy the show lads and if you dont like the judge dont show but jaysus give the weee girl a b

I have known Albert, Seamus and matt for coming on 35 years....all my days in lurchers...they have organised, showed and held events all over the country to let every lurcher, terrier and whippet man

Posted Images

Albert,First and foremostly this has never been a personal attack on you,but the polcies you and your colleagues have insitu, however, you seem to have taken it to above and beyond another level.

Point 1) if you could highlight to me, exactly where in all of my 6 replies have I spoke of Rose(other than page 3 reply34) or Fox Gun Tom for that matter? ~ I await your reply on that one.

2)I have repeatedly asked if you and your gundog fraternity would be happy with a judge that was not familiar with gundogs being appointed at your field trials as a judge?~I await your answer

3)You asked for suggestions last year for your shows,I suggested free entry for exhibitors to your shows or holding the shows outside the main show ie no entrance fee to the game fairs,as does happen in the UK(I did name the shows last year)and you did not feel that was a good idea.You came up with a free pass if the exhibitors paid in to one show they got into the other show free.

4) You claim you want to showcase the lurcher and charge the owners to come in with their dogs, can the same be said for the main ring attractions do they pay to get in?~I await your answer

5) showcasing the lurcher as you claim your trying to do its only fair the judge should have a wealth of knowledge of working lurchers in the field while I appreciate a lot of lurchers dont work they do need to look fit for purpose. My partner and I were asked at short notice to judge the lurchers at an adjoining hunt show in the Midlands we accepted and on the day we stipulated no strung up necks,no stacking the dogs, and moved on a slack lead,WHY did we do this? because nobody does that to a lurcher when they are out ferreting,lamping or mouching about so why do it in the ring? the hunt were delighted with the response that they got back from the exhibitors of how refreshing to see lurchers judged au naturale.

Since you have now brought this down to a personnel level I put it to you that your only interested in the money side of lurchers?My observation substantiate this.

I speak when I have something to say hence this being my (7th) post on this topic reflect that,so Albert step up to the plate, stop bucking the trend and answer the questions

Y.I.S Leeview

LV,

I am not going to answer your posts on anything but the personal thread I have started or by pm.

Albertj

• Like 1

i wont be this show for this reason alone Rose had a grey wich she tried train and messed it up it didnt win anything so she moved it on she didn like who it went to and went nuts till the new owner went and give her it back. she took it to a dog pound in antrim and said she found it !! OH EM GEE ! she forgot its tattood and it was traced to her That is a terrible thing to do on any dog especially one you own. no respect for some wee girl who is capable of that. pity because last year was good at there. !!!!!

I think a working dog man/woman should judge not someone who keep nonpedigree racing dogs what everyone know are just small greyhounds
Paul, Your are entitled to your opinion as I trust you believe we are ours. Our fairs attract working dogs, show dogs and racing dogs. We do not have tests for working ability in terriers and lurchers - we have shows and racing. Therefore I consider it is illogical to think that someone who solely claims 'to work their dogs' should regard this as the ONLY qualification for judging a show. One could say ideally the judge should have experience of judging, been successful at shows and works their dogs, In that order NOT the other way round. Only if it was a working test would the working claim have higher priority. We have a mixture of judges at our fairs. At Ballywalter we have two working judges - both experienced judges and who have had success with their dogs at shows and Rose who has had big success over a long period with her dogs both racing and showing and has judged successfully before at other events. IN my opinion all three are competent to judge the respective breeds because all would be good at judging conformation, condition, balance, type and overall soundness. Now I would ask people to voice no more criticism of Rose until they actually see her judging. Thanks for your input, Albertj
Albert I am looking forward to the show, might even bring a dog to show which I have never done before, if Rose is good enough to judge Grahms dog then she is good enough to judge mine:),, bring it on Graham:)
I hope you have the dogs booked in for all the beauty treatments,ie nails hair and make up and i hear the false tan will be in this summer as well,now the spray on not that shit in a bottle Alan 626 uses when he's going out.just letting ye know so ye have no excuses :tongue2::laugh: :laugh: :toast:
Alan is like the tango man when he goes out, lol,, Graham how do you get ur dogs to stay on the sunbed, Digger wont stay on the bed,lol
if they dont stay they are going to live with Alan or Danny :laugh:
ya can keep them if they wont stay no good to me think alan is your best choice :thumbs:

but they understand english :laugh:

Poor dog is fcuked so,,lol:)

well done for completly hijacking this post and talking rubbish seams like theres only 3 people van judge ovee here is this true alberts wee click all these new unmarked greys its going to be like racing at lifford well done albert in ruining a fun day out

WDN,

We have run Game Fairs for 34 years ( 50th fair at Shanes) and terrier & lurcher shows for 33 of those years with a range of judges - of course it is absolute nonsense for you to think we consider there are only three judges who can judge . Unfortunately your criticism and your four posts to date appear to be some sort of vendetta against the McCoys.

Ballywalter will be a fun day and I personally consider we have three good judges with the terrier judge Barrie Wade , someone who, as I have said before, truly has the interest of the woring terrier at heart and who was responsible for alerting me to the fact that unless we acted quickly working terriers were not going to be exempt from the ban on docking being brought in. Not only did he alert me to this but at very short notice produced an excellent paper for me to take to the assembly committee.

I suggested to the organising team that we should invite Barrie to judge at Ballywalter and I am truly embrassed at the reaction on this thread to the posting of the names of our judges. Barrie not only was happy to give up his weekend to judge but was prepared to talk to people who wished to set up an Irish federation of terrier and lurchers to face the challenges that are coming and which Barrie experienced in the UK. I hope there are enough constructive people in Ireland to start thinking about this!

I intend to present Barrie with one of our Irish Countrysports and Country Life Lifetime Commitment awards at the fair prior to judging commencing and I hope all genuine terrier, lurcher and whippet enthusiasts will be there to applaud someone who over a lifetime has demonstrated true commitment to the sport.

Can I make a genuine appeal that whether you like our judges or not you now put the argument to bed until at least AFTER the judging has taken place..

AlbertJ

• Like 1

well done for completly hijacking this post and talking rubbish seams like theres only 3 people van judge ovee here is this true alberts wee click all these new unmarked greys its going to be like racing at lifford well done albert in ruining a fun day out

If you are that bothered about who is judging you mustn't go for the fun anyway,and the thread wasn't hijacked it was a bit of slacking about being at the show
  • Like 2

If you are that bothered about who is judging you mustn't go for the fun anyway,and the thread wasn't hijacked it was a bit of slacking about being at the show

your under pressure now g :D
  • Like 1

Only make it that bit better :tongue2::laugh::toast:

Pal I was on this thread long before you joined the site, and it was not hijacked, the craic is all about the show, as for talking rubbish, you are doing a good job yourself..

O my god

Love to hear what your dogs - if you have any as we are still waiting to see a photo - have done racing or showing and/or what you have done in terms of judging.

It would appear that all you wish to do is to criticise our initiatives and shows - thankfully you appear to be part of a vey small minority!

Albertj

very disappointed with the judge line up... most of them judge too much on their favourite dogs/breeds and their favourite handlers... BRING BACK JUDGES WHO DONT KNOW THE HANDLERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edited by bigbinko

Danyy was telling me yesterday that a little wager must be in order between both of ye,,

Danyy was telling me yesterday that a little wager must be in order between both of ye,,

Im lookin forward to

the big race 330 vs 300 :thumbs: