Judges for Ballywalter Game Fair

stop end my dogs do fox single at night when the young bitch was younger she was doubled up with the other one. albert said would i do it and i would no problem if i was asked

post-50577-0-23501200-1332111399_thumb.jpg

LOL.....ill come anytime watch your bitch work single handed then.......and never once did albert as far as i read asked...he said if you think you could do a better job...then you jumped on it lol....... :thumbs:

Bell end always get his penny in, not always a good idea to make a c**t of yourself on here, go out with Danny and see his dogs working then you can comment. Any man worth his salt would never comment on another mans dog unless he has seen them work, as for doubling up see below,,,

Not sure how long you are in the game, but doubling up a young dog with a seasoned worked in the norm for the young dogs few slips at reds, FACT.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The old shows are a good days craic...   Im waiting always waiting on the antique, arthritic, held together by pins rabbit class. But they haven't made one yet. When they do, we might be in for a ch

jaysus lads give the girl a break....i mean seriously does rosettes mean that much to yous ...just go and enjoy the show lads and if you dont like the judge dont show but jaysus give the weee girl a b

I have known Albert, Seamus and matt for coming on 35 years....all my days in lurchers...they have organised, showed and held events all over the country to let every lurcher, terrier and whippet man

Posted Images

danny lad dont take everything so deffensive i just wanted to know how you pick workers in a ring thats all cause i wouldnt be able to do it,i remeber a scarred up busted thing in a ring a few years back and a lad i knew had it,it won and i was talking to him afterwards and he was tellin me that it was a pen fightin curr that he had bought on looks,and funny enough about three people wanted the dog that day because of his looks,the point is lads looks is all you can go on so you have to pick the looker,good luck to you and who ever else judges at a show this year as i think youll need it

You have answered your question yourself regarding picking winners, you can only judge whats put in front of you. Try put some thought into your questions. ;)

that was the question,how can any judge say that any of the dogs are working when its only a show ring.everyone is goin on about WORKING dogs but its a conformation test fit for purpose as the kc use not a working test is the point i was making.i work my dogs but none of them judges can really tell what they are doin out in the field,one that knows abit can tell i have them out abit from the condition but thats really it.JMO kegs

• Like 1

that was the question,how can any judge say that any of the dogs are working when its only a show ring.everyone is goin on about WORKING dogs but its a conformation test fit for purpose as the kc use not a working test is the point i was making.i work my dogs but none of them judges can really tell what they are doin out in the field,one that knows abit can tell i have them out abit from the condition but thats really it.JMO kegs

agree with you 100% kegs,, its down to personal preferences at the end of the day, all the judge can look for is conformation and the usual points,ie coat eyes ears movement and so on,, so in away its down to the judge, a well marked up Lurcher means nothing to me, in fact I would doubt its working credentials as a worker, not bigging my dogs up or anything of the sort, but I have yet to have a marked up Lurcher cause by a red. :thumbs:

stop end my dogs do fox single at night when the young bitch was younger she was doubled up with the other one. albert said would i do it and i would no problem if i was asked

LOL.....ill come anytime watch your bitch work single handed then.......and never once did albert as far as i read asked...he said if you think you could do a better job...then you jumped on it lol....... :thumbs:

Bell end always get his penny in, not always a good idea to make a c**t of yourself on here, go out with Danny and see his dogs working then you can comment. Any man worth his salt would never comment on another mans dog unless he has seen them work, as for doubling up see below,,,

Not sure how long you are in the game, but doubling up a young dog with a seasoned worked in the norm for the young dogs few slips at reds, FACT.

lol.... irish lurcher... you have just made a c**t of yourself son.....thats like saying a terrier has to be doubled up on its first couple off times..... wise the f**k up..... fox weighs between 14-30 lbs... :yes: ...a lurcher saying it a terrier or deerhound x...at what say 14 months at least 50 lbs or even more depending on the dog....and your looking to double up :D .......i dont even know why i have just responded to you even.... and im at it all of 6 months thanks .... :victory:

lol.... irish lurcher... you have just made a c**t of yourself son.....thats like saying a terrier has to be doubled up on its first couple off times..... wise the f**k up..... fox weighs between 14-30 lbs... :yes: ...a lurcher saying it a terrier or deerhound x...at what say 14 months at least 50 lbs or even more depending on the dog....and your looking to double up :D .......i dont even know why i have just responded to you even.... and im at it all of 6 months thanks .... :victory:

lol,, site needs lads like you,,

I am sure you will understand why I am not replying in full :whistling:

Edited by Irish Lurcher

il you have seen mine work as has 2 other lads of this site and i will keep entering any young lurcher that i bring on doubled up for the first few fox . it works for me and that is all that counts Edited by danny300
  • Like 1

nooo harm danny..... you talk like a man who has dogs...not a dogman... shows mean nothing to WORK.....there a laugh a catch up...not a slanging match or a im better than him...let your dogs do the talking not your keyboard.. :thumbs: ....

let your dogs do the talking not your key board .............you do your fair share of mouthing off on here yourself ffs
  • Like 1

stop end (good choice of name ) so STOP and End your shit talk , your not well liked for you bitchy opinions on this site and you wait for any chance to ruin down anyones dogs .Who are you to criticise any one about the way they work their dogs .. I know danny a long time and have seen all his dogs working over the years and to read your post talking about a well respected man, trying to run him, his dogs and his ways down. Who are you to judge or even comment when you know nothing about him !!!!

I have known Albert, Seamus and matt for coming on 35 years....all my days in lurchers...they have organised, showed and held events all over the country to let every lurcher, terrier and whippet man have a bit of fun and socialize over the summer months...... a place to bring your dogs to show them off and see who owns what.... most of all you have to remember its a day out for the whole family to enjoy.

HOW TO JUDGE A JUDGE

Answer....wait to the judging is over and see how well they do on the day!

I have been a judge in the past and enjoyed it everytime.

I also have worked, showed & bred lurchers all these years so i can understand the point men who work their dogs are trying to make on this forum.

however... during my experience in judging lurchers it might now be rare but i have seen in the past dogs enter the ring with skin disorders, long toe nails, under weight and some not even washed.

IT IS A SHOW..your dog should be fit and healthy, clean and tidy....wither it is a working dog or not. at the end of the day that is really all that can be judged in a ring.

I have seen some great champion lurchers in my day...in the field and in the ring..all these dogs became champions only because their owners looked after them properly. People who just show their dogs should also be given respect as not everyone who owns a lurcher is able to or wants to hunt, but they take pride in looking after their dogs and that doesnt make the dog any less a lurcher.

PLEASE try to remember....judging is a thankless task no-matter who you are and anyone willing to take it on should be given a bit of respect...after all if no one will judge because of all the bitching that is going to be done about them........there will be NO SHOWS!!!!! do we really want that?

Ian Greer

• Like 5

Ian totally agree with you about the judging part i think people prefer someone that works their dogs to judge their dogs jmho.Personally i wouldn enter any of my workers in a class thats judged by someone that doesnt work their dogs .As i said mate thats just my opinion

Ian totally agree with you about the judging part i think people prefer someone that works their dogs to judge their dogs jmho.Personally i wouldn enter any of my workers in a class thats judged by someone that doesnt work their dogs .As i said mate thats just my opinion

I'd say you are speaking for quite a few lucher folk Top Hat well said..I will not be entering my dog at Ballywalter show no hard feelings just the way it is

why not pigsy im sure you have put your dog into a ring that u didnt no the judge an they mayb didnt work there dog i didnt think it would of been a big deal who the judge was on the day its ment to be for a fun day out i seen a man that took a huff at a show 1 time as he didnt like the judge but then thats men for you always huffing at the drop of a hat