effects of using a rowing machine?

since quitting smoking ive put on just over a stone in weight and its all gone to my belly!! ive borrowed a rowing machine to loose some weigh, i do 500m in the morning in 2 mins and at night i do 2 sets of the same, any body got any tips or advise?

since quitting smoking ive put on just over a stone in weight and its all gone to my belly!! ive borrowed a rowing machine to loose some weigh, i do 500m in the morning in 2 mins and at night i do 2 sets of the same, any body got any tips or advise?

yeah mate..eat less and move more fatty :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Like 1

To lose weight go longer and slower - 45 minutes at a steady pace 3 times a week :thumbs:

That was for the rowing machine, not your sex life :blink:

• Like 1

I used to work at a snooty university's sports department (one of the two who compete in some boat race shite) and I trained with the rowing team for a bit. Very impressive athletes but I've gotta say, rowing on a machine is boring as f**k and I doubt many folk would keep it going for more than a week or so (then it gets passed onto someone else who'll use it a couple of times before putting it away in the garage or under the bed) . You'd be better off finding something you enjoy mate-and get the tucker and booze sorted out ;)

im a tree surgeon too which you would think would help.......but as im not self emplyoed any more im not getting flogged everyday doing all the big nasty shit nobody wanted, now i get to do nice easy stuff that doesnt have me shting my self :) so that doesnt help either

I used to work at a snooty university's sports department (one of the two who compete in some boat race shite) and I trained with the rowing team for a bit. Very impressive athletes but I've gotta say, rowing on a machine is boring as f**k and I doubt many folk would keep it going for more than a week or so (then it gets passed onto someone else who'll use it a couple of times before putting it away in the garage or under the bed) . You'd be better off finding something you enjoy mate-and get the tucker and booze sorted out ;)

Give them their due when it comes to strength/endurance some of them snooty university boys are phenomenal athletes !

bin the rowing machine as they get you nowhere on land and sink in water :thumbs:

i stopped the tabs a bit back, but i'm only a little fella anyway, but i troughed a bit before and after i stopped smoking and i'm basically the same :yes: well until the wife said different :yes: not alot though :thumbs: so do more you podgy cnut :laugh::thumbs:

no i dont have a large breakie, usually a sandwich, i dont eat fry ups

try 4 poached eggs on wholemeal toast with a bowl of cornflakes, then 3 hrs later a small snack, 3hrs again lunch 3hrs again another snack, 3hrs again evening meal, then 3hrs again a youghurt or bit of fruit.

seems a shit load to eat and it will feel like it at first but it will throw your metabolism into overdrive especially with exercise, oh and step up your rowing to cover 20 min sessions but intervals where you work your nuts off then slow down in peaks and troughs.