Air Arms S410 review

Hi every one

I have been asked to give a member a review of the S410,and thought I would share it with you !

I own the .177 and have owned the .22;

Both rifles are as accurate as one another, straight out of the box!

The .177 I bought second hand of a Lad on here adam16 I think?

The reason I bought it ,was because it was pre AT(anti tamper) much easier for me to service and keep an eye on the ft/lbs, if you decided to purchase one of these rifles try to get a pre AT ,or you will have to remove the AT on the newer model, to maintain it.

The rifle its self is light enough for a slim build junior/adult to use in the field/club 2.48kg gun only!

You get 60 shots in .177 & 80 shots in .22 carbine version on a 190 bar fill

S400 classic you get 90 in .177 & 100 in .22 per 190bar fill weight 2.72kg

But this is a single shot, which can have a multi shot system fitted

The fill pressure is recommended to 190 bar fill!

but I would recommend you fill to 170/160 bar the rifles sweet spot " most accurate" you should get 40/45 good shots from this fill.before it starts to drop,may be a few more if you fettle/polish the internals!

and shoot down to 105 /110bar.because there is no regulator, but they can be fitted to suit! Some rifles will differ by about 10/5 bar either way, as did the two I have/had.

TIP: watch the pressure gauge on the AA rifle! as some are inaccurate(not mine)

always fill to the gauge on the dive bottle/pump.

They come supplied with a 10 shot magazine, with the option to buy more! Which is great once you get used to it? It can be easily double loaded at first! If you don’t fully cock the rifle, but this is person fault rather than product. They are easy enough to cock and push the bolt home with ease! The safety mechanism is on the trigger which is a small barrel pin, to push in. not every one cup of tea! But better than nothing, but I suppose a non-loaded rifle is better, load when ready to shoot. is the key!

The filling cap is easy to access via the end of the cylinder just by a couple of turns, which reveals the filling value, a very simple process to fill, with the filling adapter supplied with the rifle when purchasing, there are a few filling adapters/values out there depending on year/model, but all three I have seen are very easy to use, just follow the destructions lol, you can either use a stirrup pump for the Hercules in you! Or fill via a dive bottle for the homer Simpson in you :laugh:

The trigger is a two stage trigger which can be adjusted to how you like it, light/heavy. It’s pretty simple to follow the destructions in the manual supplied with the rifle. There is an AA silencer which is ok and can be modified; The Air Arms S410 does not come with a silencer, from new.

Or just buy a MKII Twink of me!

I personally believe that these air rifles are as accurate, as your £1200.00 rifles on today’s market; :thumbs: they are light and compact with a big punch! And deadly accurate in the right hands, in the right conditions and ammo you will take quarry at 65yds once you have applied the right marksman principles, I have taken quarry at these yards and have witness my friends with the same rifle to, so this is no sales punch line. :blink:

And the best bit about these air rifles is maintenance is so simple! :thumbs:

And I mean simple! Well to me! Buster321c & Tron the others you will find it a little harder as you are about to take your pride and joy apart, :icon_eek: but don’t be! As it’s easy!!

Once it’s AT is removed or its pre AT!

Easy to service! Easy to fettle! Easy to fix! :thumbs:

You just have to have a little hand on attitude, its nuts and bolts! It’s that easy.

In order to shoot your air rifle you need to know how it works!!

Then all you have to do is wipe it over with an oil lint free cloth before and after a shoot and enjoy!

I hope you have enjoyed this short review of my experience with an Air Arms S410K .177/.22

ENJOY!!!!! :thumbs:

Davy

• Like 4

Nice one Davy :clapper:

I was asked last week to give my thoughts on the S400 and 410, as well as the S200.

Of course I have not had enough experiance of the 400 series so had very little info to offer the guy.

I hope he sees this because its A1+

Tony

I bought s410 carbine ,well I say bought I basically snapped the guys hand off when he told he wanted £300 for gun,hills pump,scope 4 tins air arms and case.to be honest I have nothing but good things to say about it. The first day I had it zeroed it in to 45mtrs and was putting pellet on pellet,fantastic piece of kit .

Nice one partner :thumbs: .

That will assist many I guess especially the fill pressure info :yes: .

Ive witnessed you take clean and humane shots at 65 yards on may a occasion :yes:

I seem to remember you on many a occasion though shooting and hitting metal targets past 75 yards with your AA S410.

Do you remember the metal squizzer we set up on the track on Andys permission? That was lased at 79 yards (and i filmed it) and the rabbit target at Standford house at over 75 yards :yes:.

Nothing wrong with that rifle at all.

Si

Edited by zini

Nice one Davy :clapper:

I was asked last week to give my thoughts on the S400 and 410, as well as the S200.

Of course I have not had enough experiance of the 400 series so had very little info to offer the guy.

I hope he sees this because its A1+

Tony

Thanks Tony

I bought s410 carbine ,well I say bought I basically snapped the guys hand off when he told he wanted £300 for gun,hills pump,scope 4 tins air arms and case.to be honest I have nothing but good things to say about it. The first day I had it zeroed it in to 45mtrs and was putting pellet on pellet,fantastic piece of kit .

hi buddy

you had a right bargain there buddy,hope you enjoy your purchase

Well done Davy , that's a very helpful post to anyone considering an AA rifle . Easily as good as the top end stuff like you say . One of the better posts I've seen in here for some time . Cheers buddy .

ooohh bustie you made me blush :icon_redface:

thanks Craig

Found that post very useful cheers buddy. :thumbs:

thanks for the feed back

Nice one partner :thumbs: .

That will assist many I guess especially the fill pressure info :yes: .

Ive witnessed you take clean and humane shots at 65 yards on may a occasion :yes:

I seem to remember you on many a occasion though shooting and hitting metal targets past 75 yards with your AA S410.

Do you remember the metal squizzer we set up on the track on Andys permission? That was lased at 79 yards (and i filmed it) and the rabbit target at Standford house at over 75 yards :yes:.

Nothing wrong with that rifle at all.

Si

hi Si

yes remember those shots! had the right conditions those days!

Well done Davy, good review.

Marcus.

hi Marcus

glad you like it,just added a TIP to it,regarding filling via pump/bottle.and to watch the Gauge :thumbs:

many thanks

Davy

You get 60 shots in .177 & 80 shots in .22 carbine version.

The fill pressure is recommended to 190 bar fill, but I would recommend you fill to 170/160 bar as this is where the rifle is at its sweet spot ”most accurate” and shoot down to 110 /115bar because there is no regulator, but they can be fitted to suit! Some rifles will differ by about 10/5 bar either way, as did the two I have/had.

Davy

Great review Davy, very thorough!!

Just one question you've mentioned the shot count, is that amount of shots you get if you fill to 170/160 down to 115/110 (useable shots) or if you fill past your sweet spot 190 and shoot down to empty?

Cheers bud,

ATB, Andy

Iv used a few pellets through my .177 huntsman, slightly off topic I know but , they reckon 120bar is where the dropping off point is , and I shot from220 to 120 bar and had 30 shots more than the 60 they say, I know this isn't accurate without being chronod , but the poi didn't drop either, is this the same with your rifles to Davy? Same with my mates 177 r10 when he had it sent back for power check..his gave out 187 before it sloped off , and the shot count is 150 apparently Lol

good true review

thanks fry

You get 60 shots in .177 & 80 shots in .22 carbine version.

The fill pressure is recommended to 190 bar fill, but I would recommend you fill to 170/160 bar as this is where the rifle is at its sweet spot ”most accurate” and shoot down to 110 /115bar because there is no regulator, but they can be fitted to suit! Some rifles will differ by about 10/5 bar either way, as did the two I have/had.

Davy

Great review Davy, very thorough!!

Just one question you've mentioned the shot count, is that amount of shots you get if you fill to 170/160 down to 115/110 (useable shots) or if you fill past your sweet spot 190 and shoot down to empty?

Cheers bud,

ATB, Andy

hi Andy

I have updated the info you require :thumbs:

Iv used a few pellets through my .177 huntsman, slightly off topic I know but , they reckon 120bar is where the dropping off point is , and I shot from220 to 120 bar and had 30 shots more than the 60 they say, I know this isn't accurate without being chronod , but the poi didn't drop either, is this the same with your rifles to Davy? Same with my mates 177 r10 when he had it sent back for power check..his gave out 187 before it sloped off , and the shot count is 150 apparently Lol

hi Rob

I have fettled with mine!

and to be honest I haven't really put it through a thorough test!

but will do,and get back to you on that!

thanks for the comments lads

regards

Davy

Nice one, I know of two s410's , one in 22 with scopes sling ,camo butt neopreme cover, and silencer for 350..and another in 177 with the same but thumbhole stock for 400, do you think that's a fair price?

hi rob

yes that is a fair price!

especially if there pre AT :thumbs:

Davy