bricklayer all my life.. gone in to the mental health looking after people with aquired brain injury.. some were normal at one time and some have allways had problems but bloody shame to see. Building trade is on its knees still as far as i can see.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Council kids in a pretty tough comprehensive, but that's coming to an end this year due to budget cuts, and just landed the keepers job on my local estate

i bend the bananas when they come of the boat

RSPCA

self employed plastering contractor or to put it another way virtualy unemployed

Mate its bloody bad out there en it! been in the game over 20 years and never seen it this bad for this long, the country is broken in half mate.
  • Like 1

retired pylon painter -- now dealing in antiques and collectables part time--

I worked with a sound lad from notts [bANNED TEXT] dismantling the offices on the big boots complex in nottingham in the 90s who usualy worked as a pylon painter and he said it was a very physically demanding job.

landscaper/fencer just started horse manure removal for a bit of extra cash and permission

hmm i've always said i'd shovel sh1t for the right price :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: how do you charge ?? and is there much money in it??

cheers

wxm

retired pylon painter -- now dealing in antiques and collectables part time--

I worked with a sound lad from notts [bANNED TEXT] dismantling the offices on the big boots complex in nottingham in the 90s who usualy worked as a pylon painter and he said it was a very physically demanding job.

it is mate i only packed 4 year ago aged 50-- it was getting to much -- my knee and shoulder are fecked and my back aint the best -- i was lucky i ran my own firm for 20 yr got a few good contracts made a few quid on property semi retired and been fecking about with antiques for a few year the mrs and daughter work in it now and its turning out ok without the money i made from doin pylons would be a differant story .. my lads got out the building game and works in a warehouse ,the other lads a qs his firm seem to be doin ok .. done a far bit of painting in boots had the contract for the soap factory in the late 80s ..i take some pride that my kids are all in work seems the norm round here to get pregnant free house and live on benifits .. Edited by the_stig

I work for a magazine about lasers, some of them are used in the oil industry which helps fill my car on the drive to work.

I just want to work with dogs, even if I am just cleaning up shit and getting attacked by alsatians training in pp...but also interested in buying/selling random stuff to get a bit of extra money recently. Seem to just be buying stuff and keeping it atm though :hmm:

• Like 1