Mole Catchers Suprise! Our Mole Catcher Caught in Wokingham

Never had one coloured like that, but had albino's, silver (blue) and orange.

003.jpg

071.jpg

070.jpg

nice to see these punks i caught a few colours over the years anyone worked out the cause?there not exactly common i thought fertilizers but not sure,anyone got a theory or know?

I occassionally catch moles with small orange patches on their under sides as in the first post. From different areas of the large farm estate too. In a former life I had a colleague who traps moles in the Penistone area of Sth. Yorks and he regularly catches white moles.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a Golden mole from South Africa--someone sent me this picture(and yes it was caught in a Trapline!)

And the second picture is one I caught here in California. I see several moles a year with some orange spots on them, but this is the only completely orange mole I have caught in 20 years of catching.

golden+mole.jpg

IMG_1254.JPG

The moles on this link we all caught on really rich, black, boggy soil. There isn't many earthworms there but a lot of white worms! The farm I catch them on is in West Berkshire its 650acres but I have only caught them in one 12 acre field and no where else!

I have caught silvery ones in Surrey and one ginger one on Wentworth golf course!

The moles on this link we all caught on really rich, black, boggy soil. There isn't many earthworms there but a lot of white worms! The farm I catch them on is in West Berkshire its 650acres but I have only caught them in one 12 acre field and no where else!

I have caught silvery ones in Surrey and one ginger one on Wentworth golf course!

Reminds me of a story from another molecatcher,his father once went to a job ( way outside their district ) to poison some moles.He went about applying his quantity of worms to the mole workings,and by the end of the day,the job was done.It was about a week later,he got a surprise when the client rung and announced that he still had " far too many new molehills popping up on his ground ". Anyway, a repeat visit was arranged.When the molecatcher arrived,he soon noticed that his 'strychnine treatment' seemed to have failed completely.He then had the idea,to dig over some ground in the area.He discovered that the soil appeared to contain NO earthworms,but plenty of what he described as " WHITE GRUBS ".In the end he had to dig up( by hand,which apparently took a while,he-he ! ) a decent quantity of this alternative prey,and repeat the procedure,to get the desired results ! Edited by earth-thrower