midnight

11 months of my knife makeing (pics)

no pics yet rob il add them on here tho monday .

i think il have a drink tonight to . hot work at the forge !!

thanks for the compliments guys .

WOW!!!!! what more can i say,,,i've worked with metal all my life and still couldnt produce anything near as stunning as them,

but i can aprciate the work thats gone into every one of them

Top work Matt,- very nice indeed.

Our knives get a lot of use: anything from chopping brambles, skinning and butchering deer, to cutting up tripe. Brilliant knives which really keep their edge. As I said before, there's something a bit special about owning and using a knife which is completely hand made and finished to such a high quality. Something to last a lifetime.

• Like 1

Our knives get a lot of use: anything from chopping brambles, skinning and butchering deer, to cutting up tripe. Brilliant knives which really keep their edge. As I said before, there's something a bit special about owning and using a knife which is completely hand made and finished to such a high quality. Something to last a lifetime.

and cost no more than comercially mass produced ones :thumbs:

Any idea what Midnight is doing now? He seemed to sell up and disappear off here a couple of years back....pity he is a real artist crafts-man.

Griff

• Like 1

I've a small skinner from him, great service and a handy bit of steel. ( although I've ruined it)

Matt

Hello lads , I enjoyed looking at all those knives .

Interesting to me to see my work change as I went along .

Ive not made a knife in a few years now . And only own two of my own (what an idiot , I should have kept so many)

We took on a small tenant farm in Nottinghamshire with all the room I ever needed to make knives but no tools or time !

I just wanted to thank you all for your undying support over the years , knife making was the biggest success I have attained in my adult life , and that was down to the support you guys gave me . Having you all cheer me on to the next project meant so much it kept me focused on what I wanted to achieve, so thank you all !

As for whats next ....

Well I cant stand not being creative , so I have plans to make a new welding forge and either get one made or make a forge press . I feel Like I need to be making that fancy steel even if i dont make knives out of it . I talked to an English gun maker earlier in the year and they had some interest in possibly using pattern welded steel in some of the guns fittings . So you never know !

And this time we have a huge brick built barn to work in 😎

• Like 7