I have an "open" certificate and when I asked my local force for fox with a 308 , I was told it wouldn't happen as it was too much. So they told me to put in a variation for a .243 and a .22lr. Put paperwork in and had it back in 2 days fully authorised. Was surprised they told me 308 was too much , asit was a perfect alrounder when I used it in Germany.

got a new bit of ground to shoot roe and foxes on and just wondering if il get the 308 cleared to use for foxes? if yes whats the best factory loads for foxes and roe. using 123 grain sakos at the minute, anyone recommend anything better?

use a 308 regullaly on fox they are just as dead with a .308 as most other centre fires if you hit them right ;)

I have an "open" certificate and when I asked my local force for fox with a 308 , I was told it wouldn't happen as it was too much.

In direct conflict with the HO guidelines.

So they told me to put in a variation for a .243 and a .22lr.

And that's why. It actually is counterproductive, and forces you to spend more money and hold more firearms.

Put paperwork in and had it back in 2 days fully authorised. Was surprised they told me 308 was too much , asit was a perfect alrounder when I used it in Germany.

And a good all rounder it is.

The police abuse the caliber table from the HO guidance without bothering to read the bits around it, and the other guidance. Dead is dead. "Overkill" is utter bull!

Tell them you want fox on your .308, or AOLQ. You don't want to have to buy and carry several rifles (with the resultant security issues) and ask them to read the HO guidance properly!