u-caller lamp(170 copy)

Westy76

was it a ucaller 170 you bought mate and where from? my mate got one off ebay for 50quid it had the twisty head (spot to flood) fitted a 100w bulb and still lit the fecking field up what ever he did with the head so that got sold he now has one of the culites only has normal beam but 10x better that the crap he had off ebay beam wise anyway. i no another lad who bought one off a website same lamp totaly different beam altogether

was it a ucaller 170 you bought mate and where from? my mate got one off ebay for 50quid it had the twisty head (spot to flood) fitted a 100w bulb and still lit the fecking field up what ever he did with the head so that got sold he now has one of the culites only has normal beam but 10x better that the crap he had off ebay beam wise anyway. i no another lad who bought one off a website same lamp totaly different beam altogether

i had one from melton market the year before last and its fine, as good as the 170 ive got :hmm:

Seems to me some of the ones on Ebay could possibly be copys in a ucaller box with a ucaller stamp on the handle like the lightforce. Shame like as they look genuine enough with a good solid tough feel. Very good replicas if so as i was easly fooled by the way they looked and felt just didnt perform as we expected with a very wide beam like flood with a dull tight beam in veiw everything in site vanished as soon as ya had a quick blip :icon_redface: even with the 100w bulb fitted it was just a brighter flood beam with a tad brighter tight beam in the middle even moulded a peak to the end with black perspex that then was only good for the tree top woodys n catty :whistling: :whistling:

Yeah got mime of eBay works fine good tight beam with a 50w bulb but no really range and was gonna get shot but someone suggested a 100w bulb and hey presto different lamp and as good as a 170 lightforce.

U-caller is a gen company.

Hi lads i also have one of these lamps, i had the same trouble when i changed the bulb. The trouble is theres two types of bulb with different fillament, one is verticall which if i remember correctly gives a oval wide spread shape beam, also a vertical fillament which gives a tight spot beam. Howevr when i changed my bulb it never sat flush again and would move about, not giving a accurate beam, so back to my laserlite with 100w buld, or or just local work my clusson clubriter lamp, hope this helps cheers HH