The Proto Type of the new Nite - Hunter Digi Add On

"I was going to stay out of this but f**k it!!!

people only slate competition ,so there products can survive!!!

get in the real world and at least have the balls to say so!

so when the next great Nv comes out which is a threat! and its posted on the NV forum,i suppose it will get slated too!!

get a f*****g life and let people get on with there's

rant over!!

:boogy::tongue2: we should be encouraging rather than slating!!!!!!!!! "

Davy, maybe you want to tell me where the Nite-Hunter unit is competition to me? As you quote my post, I have to assume that your anger is directed at me.

I don't make and/or market night vision units, nor do I have any allegiance to any one that does. Maybe you've got it into your head that I've something to do with NiteSite. I do own one and have openly criticised the shortcomings of the NS200. I've also stated that it's a very professional, usable unit.

So, it's okay for Davy to give a glowing report of Antoni's unit because he's your mate, but it's not okay for anyone else to criticise the unit?

Maybe yours and Davy's affiliation to Antoni is too close for either of you to give an unbiased opinion?

You seem to forget that myself and others were being told of the progress of this unit for a long time before you and Davy had even heard of it. I say again, based on what I was told what I was told that this unit unit was always going to be, the end result is a cop out and simply a NiteSite in different clothes. I have not knocked the ability of the unit at any point. I haven't looked through it, so wouldn't dream of doing that.

If you can't enter into a discussion without without swearing on an open forum, maybe it's best that you do just as you've said,

"I have had enough of this shit, I am off out shooting".

PESCA

Edited by PESCA

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well lads Im just reviewing the item and keeping out all the politics of what the add on is based on or if its an attempt to cheapen the NS unit.   I want to stay neutral and not get involved with a

does anyone on here understand what ghillies is ranting on about or do you need to be a psychiatrist.anyway back to the review. there are people posting negative comments on here about an item they ha

Yes Pesca,   Funny you wrote this buddy as Ive just tested it with 2 IR lamps, one home made by me and one from Nite - Hunter and they both work very well indeed.   Alot of peope will be very plea

Posted Images

Si, Davy.

I wish you luck with this I realy do, but reading some of the history behind this, and some of the comments refering to Nite-Hunter or 007 on the nightvisionforumuk does not inspire confidence.

Is this unit going into proffessional production, or are they being made in house on the kitchen table so to speak.

What sort of customer care can buyers expect?

Its one thing reviewing a product for someone, but are you 100% on their ethics, and experience in business?

You say hes a new friend?

People are going to be taking note of verminhunterstv review and recommendations, so I realy hope the trust and faith you have put into this does not backfire on you guys.

Once again I hang my chin out, but this had to be said, people are going to be parting with their hard earned money, and need reasurrance.

I realy do hope all goes well for you AND the unit.

Bill.

Hi Bill good and true points pal.

Thanks for looking after mine and Davys backs by making these valid points

Here are the truths as I have been informed.

Nite – Hunter is getting batches of 20 made at first by engineers that are working with him. I have never met them but he as talked about them a lot and as taken phone calls from them when I have been at his premises.

The prototype was designed as I am led to believe in his house by him and tested and changed as he saw fit.

If the finished unit is well received he intends to get bigger batches made to sell. Full production will then be sort.

For customer care I know he is giving 1 full years guarantee and is very keen to make customers happy.

I don’t want people thinking that I’m saying buy his unit and only his unit as I’m not.

I’m actually saying from what I have seen and tested so far, the PROTOTYPE is as good doing what it is intended for as other good quality units on the market.

I can’t say buy one yet because I haven’t seen the finished product and the roughness of the prototype is no where near good enough for a sale item.

We are not reviewing the finished product but I think I know who will be.

Si.

As ive stated before , ive read none of this really , just the odd post here and there , and know little about NV`s . I have had experiance of NV shooting , with some top end stuff , and it really is a different world , but in reality , its a far reach for most of us . Now i know enough , to know that i personally , reviews or not , would trust what Davy and SI tell me , as for one , they are both trusted friends , two , they have far more NV experiance than i , and three , they would never mislead anyone , or encourage people to get involved in something for their own gain . So I would stand with them on this , as i honestly believe that they are only here to give a genuine review and their honest thoughts to help out friends.

And im the Grump of the forum :rolleyes:

Edited by Buster321c

is there any info on the finished weight of this unit including the ir400 and how does that compare to the weight of the ns200? i shoot free hand so this is important to me

kanny

Cheers Craig, that's spot on buddy and exactly what the review is about.

Me and Davy have no gain from this and we pay our dues just as the next. I paid the full price for my laser just as the next did. We are not getting paid and do it for the love of the sport, channel and to help others in this section and who like to shoot get other ideas about what else is available to them.

I will say this again.

I still have the PROTOTYPE and am happy to let ANYONE come and have a go with it. This is what Anthoni actually wants and asked me to do, to let my mates and others try it for themselves. We are not saying buy it as we haven't seen it fully finished.

If we were trying to mislead people we wouldn't give this option.

I know that the 2 people that I have let use it so far were very impressed with it but have slightly held back on their comments (sat on the fence as one said after chatting to me about their comments) as they dont want to get drawn into a silly arguments as me and Davy dont. You cant blame them really and I understand that.

Its just a shame that so much negativity is involved in this post when it was supposed to be a positive thing that something else works well and is being designed for us.

Si.

• Like 1

As ive stated before , ive read none of this really , just the odd post here and there , and know little about NV`s . I have had experiance of NV shooting , with some top end stuff , and it really is a different world , but in reality , its a far reach for most of us . Now i know enough , to know that i personally , reviews or not , would trust what Davy and SI tell me , as for one , they are both trusted friends , two , they have far more NV experiance than i , and three , they would never mislead anyone , or encourage people to get involved in something for their own gain . So I would stand with them on this , as i honestly believe that they are only here to give a genuine review and their honest thoughts to help out friends.

And im the Grump of the forum :rolleyes:

I wouldnt call you a grump Buster :angel:

Totally agree with what you have posted above :yes:

What I wouldnt like to see is their trust and helpfullness get taken for a ride.

Shit only rolls one way Bust, and thats down hill.

They are both putting their names on the line in good faith, for a guy thats a fairly new friend apparently.

Have a look on trhe Nightvisionforumuk, and you may see where I was comming from :thumbs:

Just dont like the thought of ANYONE getting taken advantage of, but then, they are big boys, so Ill just bow out gracefully :bye:

Not another word from me.

Bill. :victory:

Edited by Sweeney-Todd

is there any info on the finished weight of this unit including the ir400 and how does that compare to the weight of the ns200? i shoot free hand so this is important to me

kanny

Hi Kanny,

The prototype is exactly 509 grams in weight with recorder and battery fitted so light.

My Sony Handycam DCR-PC101E that i also use at night is 561 grams so heavier in weight.

Si.

Wow i can see why i stay mainly on the Rapid Forums :whistling:

I don't see what the Problem is, All Si is doing is reviewing Kit to see if it works, Bearing in Mind it's a prototype

so it's not gonna look Pretty, As long as Si stay's Neutral Which he Will as i'm Proud to Call Him a Friend and know

what He's Like a Top Lad who goes out of His Way to help others.....

Whats the Big Problem take it for What it Is it's just an un- biased review of abit of Kit.

He'd do the Same on whatever kit he Tries good or Bad he'll give His honest view, Because of Him and Davy i've

started scopecam shooting and got some excellent advice on kit needed, No one forced Me to buy what was recommended,

But the advice was sound.

atvb Daz.

• Like 2

kanny

Hi Kanny,

The prototype is exactly 509 grams in weight with recorder and battery fitted so light.

My Sony Handycam DCR-PC101E that i also use at night is 561 grams so heavier in weight.

Si.

thanks si but whats the combined weight of the night hunter plus the ir400 as this seems to be the way this unit is being pushed... compared to the weight of the ns200 with its built in ir..... catch my drift? im talking on the gun weight

kanny

Edited by kanny

kanny

Hi Kanny,

Si.

thanks si but whats the combined weight of the night hunter plus the ir400 as this seems to be the way this unit is being pushed... compared to the weight of the ns200 with its built in ir..... catch my drift? im talking on the gun weight

kanny

All in with everything including all batteries 717 grams mate.

Si

kanny

Hi Kanny,

Si.

kanny

All in with everything including all batteries 717 grams mate.

Si

cheers bud...anyone know the on the gun weight of the ns200? ive had a search and cant find any info Edited by kanny

Its also light Kanny as i found out last night.

Si.

i would imagine the night hunter unit has a more natural shooting position than the ns200 even thought it still ontop of the scope especily when free shooting i will be intrested to see the finished product as a good well priced nv setup is on my wish list.

kanny

• Like 1

well its all s bit going south... considering this is a thing positiveness for the sport, and ONLY A REVIEW STAGE.... shame really as Si is a top bloke!!! glad I went shooting tonight .... :thumbs: hope that you get some credit for this as the end Si!!!

Regards

Gareth