The Proto Type of the new Nite - Hunter Digi Add On

Hi lads,

Here is the last and final PROTO - TYPE of the new Nite – Hunter Digi Add on that I have been looking at and testing today.

The final engineered unit will look like this unit but will be another 150 to 200 grams lighter (it’s as light as a camcorder now) so will be super light when finished.

The focus and zoom slots will also be the same size once finished on the FOR SALE unit and the glue and fixing marks will not be seen.

The unit runs off a mobile phone battery and gives around 3 hours of usage from a single charge. A second battery costs around £5 off EBay.

I will be showing the finished review of the unit in around 3 weeks time once I and Davy have fully put it through its paces on rats, rabbits and day time corvids.

I’m expecting between 150 and 250 yards easy with this unit in complete darkness with a illuminator.

I’ve been using this unit today recording a corvid hunt in the day time and all I can say is WOW ITS BRILL.

The IR illuminator that I will be testing it with is the new Nite – Hunter IR400 SB (Super Bright) with dimmer switch.

The Digi Add on will be on sale in 8 weeks time and orders can be phoned through to Anthoni now. It’s on a first come first serve basis.

A unit less the IR illuminator is £310 posted.

Any IR source can be used with the add on.

The new IR400 SB is £135 and runs off a 6v or 12 v supply. (6v comes as standard) The 12 volt battery is £14 off EBay but well worth it as it almost doubles the unit’s brightness.

This illuminator can be used with any gen 1 night vision device.

Watch this space as I’m sure many will want these items once they see the review and what they are capable of.

Regards

Si.

post-2627-0-44113000-1330447986.jpg

post-2627-0-70135900-1330447990.jpg

post-2627-0-76705300-1330447994.jpg

post-2627-0-77323100-1330447998.jpg

post-2627-0-20823800-1330448003.jpg

post-2627-0-15152700-1330448007.jpg

Edited by zini

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well lads Im just reviewing the item and keeping out all the politics of what the add on is based on or if its an attempt to cheapen the NS unit.   I want to stay neutral and not get involved with a

does anyone on here understand what ghillies is ranting on about or do you need to be a psychiatrist.anyway back to the review. there are people posting negative comments on here about an item they ha

Yes Pesca,   Funny you wrote this buddy as Ive just tested it with 2 IR lamps, one home made by me and one from Nite - Hunter and they both work very well indeed.   Alot of peope will be very plea

Posted Images

The battery for the add on goes inside the digital video recorder mate.

The picture quality is amazing.

The add on fits over your day scope and you look through the add on's lens. No need to re zero your scope once its fitted.

I took a 30 metre woody just before dark straight through the brian (on cam). I will show it on the full review.

Si.

Hi Si.

Just sat here looking at the set up :hmm:

Whats jumping out at me straight away is the size of the screen *( viewing lens ), and the distance it is from the eye, because of its position at the very back of the scope?

To me, this will mean pushing the rifle away from the shoulder to be able to focus the eye to the picture, by doing so, would limmit the field of view on the screen severely......because of its size??

Not knocking the product, I have no need to, its just an observation on my part, see how you feel about what I have said during the trials.

Be very interested to hear what you think :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

Edited by Sweeney-Todd