Brother to sister mating is it to close,

4 minutes ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

Obviously at some point you have to breed out but then breed back in, me mate has line there and likes to keep it as tight as possible has had couple defects in odd pup but been ok tbf.

it the defects you can’t see aswell though mate the greats of the coursing world were all linebred but none brother sister farther daughter that’s inbreeding 

linebreeding is breeding distant relatives you would get away with it don’t get me wrong but why would you want to 

you can linebreed for ages without an outcross from distant dogs 

breeding tight then having to outcross because you have bred tight defeats the object really

and if you say outcross to pure saluki there is still some a that blood to outcross to again so still sort a linebreeding even with the outcross 

• Like 1

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it the defects you can’t see aswell though mate the greats of the coursing world were all linebred but none brother sister farther daughter that’s inbreeding 

linebreeding is breeding distant relatives you would get away with it don’t get me wrong but why would you want to 

you can linebreed for ages without an outcross from distant dogs 

breeding tight then having to outcross because you have bred tight defeats the object really

and if you say outcross to pure saluki there is still some a that blood to outcross to again so still sort a linebreeding even with the outcross 

It’s line breeding when it works out and inbreeding when it don’t ?

do you keep a line ? What’s wrong with father ‘ to daughter or brother sister ? 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

It’s line breeding when it works out and inbreeding when it don’t ?

do you keep a line ? What’s wrong with father ‘ to daughter or brother sister ? 

i hear that a lot on here ? i always thought it’s inbreeding when you breed sister to brother daughter to farther 

breeding cousins or great grandfather great grand uncle to grandchildren is linebreeding 

i’m  not daft enough to try to keep a line ? i don’t breed enough dogs to keep it healthy and doing the do what people think they can breed there own line off a few inbred matings must really have poor standards 

both my dogs are linebred the pups i have off them are linebred if they don’t work out and parents don’t produce i will go source a pup same lines and try again im not desperate to say this is my line  ? i want good killers i couldn’t give a toss if it’s my line i know what lines produce them 

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i hear that a lot on here ? i always thought it’s inbreeding when you breed sister to brother daughter to farther 

breeding cousins or great grandfather great grand uncle to grandchildren is linebreeding 

i’m  not daft enough to try to keep a line ? i don’t breed enough dogs to keep it healthy and doing the do what people think they can breed there own line off a few inbred matings must really have poor standards 

both my dogs are linebred the pups i have off them are linebred if they don’t work out and parents don’t produce i will go source a pup same lines and try again im not desperate to say this is my line  ? i want good killers i couldn’t give a toss if it’s my line i know what lines produce them 

If pups didn’t work out and parents didn’t produce why would you source more from same lines? Surely you’d try something bred a different way 

7 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

If pups didn’t work out and parents didn’t produce why would you source more from same lines? Surely you’d try something bred a different way 

because the line produces doesn’t mean every dog bitch in it will mate 

because the line produces doesn’t mean every dog bitch in it will mate 

I’m not big on pedigrees tbh I just put a good bitch to a good dog it’s worked for me, but if I got a pup from a certain line and it failed I wouldn’t be sticking money in the man’s hand for another that’s for sure 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I’m not big on pedigrees tbh I just put a good bitch to a good dog it’s worked for me, but if I got a pup from a certain line and it failed I wouldn’t be sticking money in the man’s hand for another that’s for sure 

what if you have had good from that line before ? not everyone makes the grade mate and most lines been about ages there is more than one person to source from ?

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

what if you have had good from that line before ? not everyone makes the grade mate and most lines been about ages there is more than one person to source from ?

Hey, come on now, Magoo, you're starting to sound pretty sensible!!  Whatever next?!!  ? ?

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

How do you know your old one wasn’t a one off though? And how do you know who the honest men are that’s got the line? 

6 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

How do you know your old one wasn’t a one off though? And how do you know who the honest men are that’s got the line? 

if there has been better than what you have had threw the years yours wasn’t a one off mate and you have to go with the men you think a good with a dog mate but good blood will always shine through 

8 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Hey, come on now, Magoo, you're starting to sound pretty sensible!!  Whatever next?!!  ? ?

all i talk in sense shaark ? as you grow older and wise up you will see i was talking sense all along mate ? 

• Haha 1

if there has been better than what you have had threw the years yours wasn’t a one off mate and you have to go with the men you think a good with a dog mate but good blood will always shine through 

These dogs that were better than yours how many you seen run? In the flesh like not on tape? See what I’m getting at you get yourself a dog and it fails, so you go straight back to the same line based on stories about dogs you’ve not seen, that’s how a lot of lads end up with shit dogs cause they go off what they been told not what they seen

6 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

These dogs that were better than yours how many you seen run? In the flesh like not on tape? See what I’m getting at you get yourself a dog and it fails, so you go straight back to the same line based on stories about dogs you’ve not seen, that’s how a lot of lads end up with shit dogs cause they go off what they been told not what they seen

but if you have seen and had good dogs from lines you won’t want out else mate 

but not every dog from it will make the grade i couldn’t go from stopping them most times out to stopping one in a blue moon the dog would have to go whether i bred it or not mate 

lads end up with shit because there unlucky or aren’t getting dogs from litters were it clicks