Brother to sister mating is it to close,

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

the only lurchers lads i know of to breed generations of dogs from close inbreeding seem to be bull x lads who also seem to struggle with litters and ai

This is not to say that inbreeding does not occur naturally. A wolf pack, which is isolated from other wolf packs, by geographical or other factors, can become very inbred. The effect of any deleterious genes becomes noticeable in later generations as the majority of the offspring inherit these genes. Scientists have discovered that wolves, even if living in different areas, are genetically very similar. Possibly the desolation of their natural habitat has drastically reduced wolf numbers in the past, creating a genetic bottleneck.

In the wolf, the lack of genetic diversity makes them susceptible to disease since they lack the ability to resist certain viruses. Extreme inbreeding affects their reproductive success with small litter sizes and high mortality rates. Some scientists hope that they can develop a more varied gene pool by introducing wolves from other areas into the inbred wolf packs.

Another animal suffering from the effects of inbreeding is the giant panda. As with the wolf, this has led to poor fertility among pandas and high infant mortality rates. As panda populations become more isolated from one another (due to humans blocking the routes which pandas once used to move from one area to another), pandas have greater difficulty in finding a mate with a different mix of genes and breed less successfully.

The ultimate result of continued inbreeding is terminal lack of vigor and probable extinction as the gene pool contracts, fertility decreases, abnormalities increase and mortality rates rise.

GOOGLE 😂

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

What if it doesn't need improving? What if you have everything you want and need in your animals.  I heard a well respected terrierman say if you take a pint of milk and add a spoonful of shite w

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, jeemes said:

GOOGLE 😂

Thats the trouble with trying to gain knowledge in 5 minutes on Google. You'll never learn anything mate, your too busy trying to sound clever. 

2 hours ago, jeemes said:

Thats the trouble with trying to gain knowledge in 5 minutes on Google. You'll never learn anything mate, your too busy trying to sound clever. 

i’m just showing it’s common knowledge heavy inbreeding in a bad idea 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mC HULL said:

the only lurchers lads i know of to breed generations of dogs from close inbreeding seem to be bull x lads who also seem to struggle with litters and ai

This is not to say that inbreeding does not occur naturally. A wolf pack, which is isolated from other wolf packs, by geographical or other factors, can become very inbred. The effect of any deleterious genes becomes noticeable in later generations as the majority of the offspring inherit these genes. Scientists have discovered that wolves, even if living in different areas, are genetically very similar. Possibly the desolation of their natural habitat has drastically reduced wolf numbers in the past, creating a genetic bottleneck.

In the wolf, the lack of genetic diversity makes them susceptible to disease since they lack the ability to resist certain viruses. Extreme inbreeding affects their reproductive success with small litter sizes and high mortality rates. Some scientists hope that they can develop a more varied gene pool by introducing wolves from other areas into the inbred wolf packs.

Another animal suffering from the effects of inbreeding is the giant panda. As with the wolf, this has led to poor fertility among pandas and high infant mortality rates. As panda populations become more isolated from one another (due to humans blocking the routes which pandas once used to move from one area to another), pandas have greater difficulty in finding a mate with a different mix of genes and breed less successfully.

The ultimate result of continued inbreeding is terminal lack of vigor and probable extinction as the gene pool contracts, fertility decreases, abnormalities increase and mortality rates rise.

Doesn't matter if its Google if it's actually true, which it is👍 

Of course inbreeding is a must when establishing a breed in the the first place. But if your trying to improve your line for functional hunting dogs, you would want to improve on their physical traits, improve on their brain for running, improve recovery, improve immunity etc... heavily inbred isn't going to improve things or make them stronger....especially very closely bred because your not adding anything different or new in order to improve on it. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Doesn't matter if its Google if it's actually true, which it is👍 

Of course inbreeding is a must when establishing a breed in the the first place. But if your trying to improve your line for functional hunting dogs, you would want to improve on their physical traits, improve on their brain for running, improve recovery, improve immunity etc... heavily inbred isn't going to improve things or make them stronger....especially very closely bred because your not adding anything different or new in order to improve on it. 

What if it doesn't need improving? What if you have everything you want and need in your animals. 

I heard a well respected terrierman say if you take a pint of milk and add a spoonful of shite what are you left with. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

What if it doesn't need improving? What if you have everything you want and need in your animals. 

Wether you think your dog's don't need improving doesn't change anything...if you inbred heavily they will decrease in quality, that's just how breeding works, it's not my opinion, it's just what happens. For folk to think that you can continually breed from the same small gene pool of dogs and get the same results time and time again is really just ignorance.

50 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I heard a well respected terrierman say if you take a pint of milk and add a spoonful of shite what are you left with. 

A pint of milk?

Edited by Neobliviscaris1776
17 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Wether you think your dog's don't need improving doesn't change anything...if you inbred heavily they will decrease in quality, that's just how breeding works, it's not my opinion, it's just what happens. For folk to think that you can continually breed from the same small gene pool of dogs and get the same results time and time again is really just ignorance.

A pint of milk?

Nobody continually inbreds, it's something that's done to tighten up the line then back to close line breeding. 

Its worked for terriers so why not runners. 

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Nobody continually inbreds, it's something that's done to tighten up the line then back to close line breeding. 

I understand that mate, but you'll need to throw something into the mix thats not from your line at some point to avoid losing all your hard work. Tighten up a line yes, but if all your doing is inbreeding and line breeding it's not going to be very beneficial to the overall health of the animals in the long run. 

So what's the answer to the pint of milk question?

Edited by Neobliviscaris1776
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

because a terrier isn’t a performance athlete is it why don’t greyhound racehorse breeders do it ?

2 hours ago, dogmandont said:

😂 i’m amazed lads actually think it’s the done thing 😂 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I understand that mate, but you'll need to throw something into the mix thats not from your line at some point to avoid losing all your hard work. Tighten up a line yes, but if all your doing is inbreeding and line breeding it's not going to be very beneficial to the overall health of the animals in the long run. 

So what's the answer to the pint of milk question?

You end up with a pint of shite because it certainly ain't milk anymore. There's lines of terriers that haven't had an out cross in a long long time and they're doing just fine. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

You end up with a pint of shite because it certainly ain't milk anymore. There's lines of terriers that haven't had an out cross in a long long time and they're doing just fine. 

some can’t see the woods for trees 😂 dc agreeing with you but i can remember a topic we’re he wasn’t breeding again because his terrier had stillborns 

inbreeding depression causes stillborns low fertility how many on here are using ai having c sections 😂 like there breeding inbred frenchies but it has nothing to do with inbreeding aye 😂 

• Like 2