Brother to sister mating is it to close,

4 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Spike was a very good alrounder sg had some very good dogs duke clogg a 5/8 who to be fair was probably under used but again a good  alrounder but not in spikes league spike as did duke ended up in Ireland on stud duties this is were spike lined otter at sq s 

All the best stuff out of that family (wouldn't call it a line) came out of the tight bred stuff. And what wasn't excellent was borderline 'nuts'. There was also a couple of 'oddities', one I remember being a hermaphrodite, though that didn't stop it being a 27" stunner, fast and iron hard. Things like that just went with the territory back then...

No point overthinking it, if the tight stuff worked and worked well then just go with it...

Back when I had them, that's what I planned to do. Sure, i'd have to bring new blood in at some point but that, i'm fairly certain, would of been well down the road and I could of lived with producing the odd freak for the greater good..?

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

Wasn't that what you said when stags were mentioned .I have a feeling that you haven't been around many bull xs .mc there's many various xs doing a good job a good dog is a good dog and not all  or most are coursing bred 

i seen stacks over the years blackmag some good seasons hunting from some but none id personally kennel me self mate

10 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

All the best stuff out of that family (wouldn't call it a line) came out of the tight bred stuff. And what wasn't excellent was borderline 'nuts'. There was also a couple of 'oddities', one I remember being a hermaphrodite, though that didn't stop it being a 27" stunner, fast and iron hard. Things like that just went with the territory back then...

No point overthinking it, if the tight stuff worked and worked well then just go with it...

Back when I had them, that's what I planned to do. Sure, i'd have to bring new blood in at some point but that, i'm fairly certain, would of been well down the road and I could of lived with producing the odd freak for the greater good..?

i’m surprised the radge pots didn’t put the hermaphrodite to its self 

10 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Do you remember big Dan bosun iron hard but would retrieve rabbits back to hand live like most from that family shame you never took anything from ox .

Just now, Blackmag said:

Do you remember big Dan bosun iron hard but would retrieve rabbits back to hand live like most from that family shame you never took anything from ox .

Remember Dan well mate, arguably the best looking of of that family, certainly the biggest of the half x's.

Yer mate, it was a shame but things change... ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Remember Dan well mate, arguably the best looking of of that family, certainly the biggest of the half x's.

I had a bitch out of spike like you say iron hard on teeth but bunny's live back to hand took them off her and put them on the ground run off like they never been caught at all 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Not a phrase used round these ways. I always thought it meant angry...

No one was crazy MC, just keen... ?

I always say no reverse gear 

Edited by bobby2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

?

seems to me like lads didn’t have much access to stock so thought they can just breed tight mate 

And nearly all dogs were  well worked and well mannered and good to say retrieve was natural I remember custard the 1st one what a bitch she was wasn't Molly  lined to spike which produced Kelly then ned ect 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?

seems to me like lads didn’t have much access to stock so thought they can just breed tight mate 

Nope, not at all... There was plenty of decent bull blooded dogs in the NW back then, and there was plenty of lads with decent pure breds too. Lads knew how close breeding worked well enough mate... If your trying to make out that 'they just got lucky' then you'd be very much mistaken.

17 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Nope, not at all... There was plenty of decent bull blooded dogs in the NW back then, and there was plenty of lads with decent pure breds too. Lads knew how close breeding worked well enough mate... If your trying to make out that 'they just got lucky' then you'd be very much mistaken.

Wigan was well known for its apbt and it's bull xs there is some very educated lads round there .that know what they are or were doing 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2