Brother to sister mating is it to close,

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jeemes said:

Unless they meet summat that bites back eh?

mate me dogs finishes things quick shake a fox about like it’s a big rat ? 

me bitch on the other hand is different if you selective bred for fox there’s no doubt in my mind you could easy create a line more than capable 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jeemes said:

Substitute greater yields for greater performance, stamina, gameness etc. Thats what we are talking about. An improving scale. If you have a great dog in your kennel then you use him at stud to various bitches and he also produces, then you have yourself a prepotent animal. King of dogs! because hes probably DD for the important traits. If you carry on from there outcrossing the offspring all you will be doing is watering down and confusing the original blood of the great dog you had. The purpose of inbreeding is to fix or purify traits. In other words stop the masking of recessives with dominant genes.

Have you ever bred two very good dogs together and wondered why the pups they produced were a disappointment? It happens all the time. Its down to genes not being Double dominant, in other words, undesirable recessives. You could breed the same pair again and get a good one in the litter or maybe not, as Mchull says "varying results". Hes got it in one. What you are doing with inbreeding is cutting out the waste and preserving the good, making it simpler. Theres a bit more to it than that obviously and you have to be careful and test dogs but Im just making the point. There shouldnt be a fast rule about which relation are bred,the main thing is both parents need to be very healthy.

Im afraid when you buy dogs in you dont know what your getting usually. You only know what you are told. Best to breed your own imo.

All my dogs are half cross. 

you don’t do it by breeding brother sister though or farther son over and over you linebreed

10 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Re breeding and genetics, as said above good doers are different from good producers, if you get one that does and then goes on to produce doers then you have the magic key.

spot on sandy 

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

plenty i country of origin hunt different things remember a fox is a quarter a the weight teeth like a cat ? 

Is that an Arabian wolf or a jackal? 

5 hours ago, bird said:

Good point charts, I know bloke who married his 2nd cousin, she nice looking etc, and seems normal enough, if a person can be lol. But  it does make you think about people in general, as I've known loads of people, who  go with out with any one unless there fairly local to where they live and born. And what I found over the years working lurchers, nearly all farmers never marry anybody unless local not saying there inbreds lol. But feck me, when I was after a woman, I go  easy 100 mile for night out, a good distance for a shag, lol. Know it was nice to  go another town etc. 

Apparently the healthiest possible kids a person can have is with their 3rd cousin.I'm from a rural village in Ireland,most people there would be at least that much related to me(2 lines though ,farmers and cottiers/working class,no outcrossing between them until around 1990.)

7 hours ago, bird said:

Good point charts, I know bloke who married his 2nd cousin, she nice looking etc, and seems normal enough, if a person can be lol. But  it does make you think about people in general, as I've known loads of people, who  go with out with any one unless there fairly local to where they live and born. And what I found over the years working lurchers, nearly all farmers never marry anybody unless local not saying there inbreds lol. But feck me, when I was after a woman, I go  easy 100 mile for night out, a good distance for a shag, lol. Know it was nice to  go another town etc. 

Lined a few over the years int ya mate

• Haha 1
On 12/06/2022 at 15:49, mC HULL said:

? unlike you ya little f***ing mincer i’ll turn up meet lads on me todd ? 

i don’t wear tracksuits or have. a man bag el chapo ? 

you want to put a bit a fresh saluki blood in your inbred bull x line you maybe catch something then ? 

Bull x line ? What bull cross line you little plumb ?? O shit yea forgot you think you no everything and like normal your wrong again lol 

11 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Bull x line ? What bull cross line you little plumb ?? O shit yea forgot you think you no everything and like normal your wrong again lol 

get a pic of what you run up el chapo