Brother to sister mating is it to close,

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

must a been some inbred gormless fox them dogman there again i’ve heard the irish ones you can direct about with the end of a shotgun ? 

After reading pure kek for ten minutes....

Lol I see tellytubby is trying to poke the bear... Tut tut..

First of, the emptiest can makes the loudest rattle..

related lineage is the only way to breed or you would NOT HAVE the top class dogs we have today. And that comes by men knowing their stock and their history not name dropping breeding for money or for fame. Lines don't start with brother to sister...they start by breeding for work and work only... a deliberate litter brother to sister mating in my opinion is madness.

At the start of a tight family line of dogs... there SHOULD BE great history of  any unrelated mating at the start.. then pups are worked hard...to see if that blood gel meaning they work to the standard of there parents and grandparents on the both unrelated sides... If the blood gels and the right men are honest... Now you have a good honest work and work only gene pool... That can work if breeding for work only for easy 10 years if you're only breeding to keep or pass pups then an outcross but of the same family linage is used again..

worked hard and if that gels... The pool widens but as long as the only thing in mind is work but you have to remember that the original source stock will also have been related say maybe half sister to half brother... I've just had a litter... It was grandson to grandmother but an out cross again if you like on his father's side ....3 cracking healthy pups... Do you think that's too close?.

As for terriers not being an athlete.

Spoken by someone who has never experienced real terrier work an addiction to some...to one of the most loyal family orientated best pals you will find.

The most gallant canine on the planet...only my opinion of course like yourself I can be a tad biast. Were not talking 20 minute digs here... Digs of 2 and 3 hours 9 hours  time after time..

Do you honestly think that's easy... On man or terrier? And a man might have 4 or 5 in his yard, plus mates or do a bit of traveling and meet others who own the same history of terrier. fella your dogs bung their toe there laid off ? .

The proper Terriers are astounding in their finding ability, conviction, courage, heart, lung capacity, manoeuvrability, speed of multiple relentless strikes by an animal sometimes more that is actually looking to hurt  the terrier all in the dark in the tightest of confined spaces.... Have you really thought this through lol.

Granted the big rabbit knows his expansive land inside out... But that's a wide open space with plenty of options..and when feathered ears does mouth after a big 5 minutes ... The worst it may get is a Bruce Lee back kick to the chin...

The REAL terrier who works... Every time...has too heal after their outing, for their taking a good face full of 3 inch fangs with hard biting power for hours not minutes and sometimes from 2 to 3 worthy wild adult foxes lol ... Have a day of from oul nonsense will you.

As for calling in adult foxes... 

And being at foxes from your 15 and terrier work before that .. as has been mentioned, fieldcraft and the right pitch will tempt even the most old Wiley fox to  coming in a bit .. and so big slips will have to be made.. I've seen standing in the snow calling a fox for over 20 minutes sometimes longer after taking maybe half hour before that to position yourself right so wind and slipping ability is more certain.. most think if they see a foxes eyes call like a sucking duck for 5 minutes and that's that... 

There's levels to everything..  

Clearly you think you the man with just life in general... So I will leave you to it... 

Oh and before I leave it..you talk AI

a stockman says straws...and there's no sections needed ... and it's usually dreamer's and men with money on their mind has to do any of the madness you dream up ?.

IMG20220527115046.jpg

IMG-20190923-WA0000.jpg.1ca0f11c812f2d2306370651782245ca.jpg

IMG_20190925_205929.jpg.1141e78e1612bdf77e7919a77249fac4.jpg

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, stop.end said:

related lineage is the only way to breed or you would NOT HAVE the top class dogs we have today. And that comes by men knowing their stock and their history not name dropping breeding for money or for fame. Lines don't start with brother to sister...they start by breeding for work and work only... a deliberate litter brother to sister mating in my opinion is madness.

At the start of a tight family line of dogs... there SHOULD BE great history of  any unrelated mating at the start.. then pups are worked hard...to see if that blood gel meaning they work to the standard of there parents and grandparents on the both unrelated sides... If the blood gels and the right men are honest... Now you have a good honest work and work only gene pool... That can work if breeding for work only for easy 10 years if you're only breeding to keep or pass pups then an outcross but of the same family linage is used again..

worked hard and if that gels... The pool widens but as long as the only thing in mind is work but you have to remember that the original source stock will also have been related say maybe half sister to half brother... I've just had a litter... It was grandson to grandmother but an out cross again if you like on his father's side ....3 cracking healthy pups... Do you think that's too close?.

Spoken by someone who has never experienced real terrier work an addiction to some...to one of the most loyal family orientated best pals you will find.

The most gallant canine on the planet...only my opinion of course like yourself I can be a tad biast. Were not talking 20 minute digs here... Digs of 2 and 3 hours 9 hours  time after time..

Do you honestly think that's easy... On man or terrier? And a man might have 4 or 5 in his yard, plus mates or do a bit of traveling and meet others who own the same history of terrier. fella your dogs bung their toe there laid off ? .

The proper Terriers are astounding in their finding ability, conviction, courage, heart, lung capacity, manoeuvrability, speed of multiple relentless strikes by an animal sometimes more that is actually looking to hurt  the terrier all in the dark in the tightest of confined spaces.... Have you really thought this through lol.

Granted the big rabbit knows his expansive land inside out... But that's a wide open space with plenty of options..and when feathered ears does mouth after a big 5 minutes ... The worst it may get is a Bruce Lee back kick to the chin...

The REAL terrier who works... Every time...has too heal after their outing, for their taking a good face full of 3 inch fangs with hard biting power for hours not minutes and sometimes from 2 to 3 worthy wild adult foxes lol ... Have a day of from oul nonsense will you.

And being at foxes from your 15 and terrier work before that .. as has been mentioned, fieldcraft and the right pitch will tempt even the most old Wiley fox to  coming in a bit .. and so big slips will have to be made.. I've seen standing in the snow calling a fox for over 20 minutes sometimes longer after taking maybe half hour before that to position yourself right so wind and slipping ability is more certain.. most think if they see a foxes eyes call like a sucking duck for 5 minutes and that's that... 

Clearly you think you the man with just life in general... So I will leave you to it... 

a stockman says straws...and there's no sections needed ... and it's usually dreamer's and men with money on their mind has to do any of the madness you dream up ?.

IMG20220527115046.jpg

Nice to see you flexing your muscles SE ? 

Cheers, D.

31 minutes ago, stop.end said:

IMG20220527115046.jpg

good post that stop end ?

4 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

That fawn coloured dog is a very good catch and dispatch dog by anyone's  standards 

just give it a watch black green fox and seen pure greyhounds finish em better if honest ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

What's all this nonsense about not being able to squeak an adult fox in ?

The only time they won't come in is when kids have been lamping them with curs that couldnt catch a cold has made them lamp shy !

I went out with a lad who had them running in like smack heads offered a free KFC, by rubbing a bit of polystyrene on the lamp glass ! 

Im no fox man, and my dogs could take a fox but couldn't be classed as fox dogs, but I've squeaked plenty in and the dogs have killed them.

It ain't rocket science ?

Cheers.

I have seen it done with a mirror and polystyrene and even a lad using kettle whistle in Jan called 2 in close 

10 hours ago, Sammyballer said:

We both know these coursing dogs ain’t knocking anything big over , roe bucks at best 

Seen a few men try em because they were meant to be a level above the home bred saluki greys, like your first crosses and stuff like that. I thought them line bred coursing dogs were different class on hares but as deer dogs or all rounders they couldn’t touch our home bred stuff. It’s hard to explain but they just didn’t seem to have the same grit when it wasn’t going their way, they’d hammer roe all day with a smile on their faces but when they got knocked about by something bigger they’d start hanging back and letting stuff get away. Noticed they took a lot more managing as well, used to blow weight and pick up niggles all the time, needed resting when other dogs could be back out that sort of thing. For coursing you won’t beat em but for me I saw enough to make me stay clear 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Seen a few men try em because they were meant to be a level above the home bred saluki greys, like your first crosses and stuff like that. I thought them line bred coursing dogs were different class on hares but as deer dogs or all rounders they couldn’t touch our home bred stuff. It’s hard to explain but they just didn’t seem to have the same grit when it wasn’t going their way, they’d hammer roe all day with a smile on their faces but when they got knocked about by something bigger they’d start hanging back and letting stuff get away. Noticed they took a lot more managing as well, used to blow weight and pick up niggles all the time, needed resting when other dogs could be back out that sort of thing. For coursing you won’t beat em but for me I saw enough to make me stay clear 

make me laugh the big game hunters on here ? 

so a strong coursing bred won’t take fallow and red does ? 

a coursing bred will take more muntys cwd roe and sika and fallow does and red does then any bull x ever born ? 

so what do they struggle with big hundred kg fallow your all trembling up on any way ? 

some shit get spouted on here some real daydreamers ? 

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

make me laugh the big game hunters on here ? 

so a strong coursing bred won’t take fallow and red does ? 

a coursing bred will take more muntys cwd roe and sika and fallow does and red does then any bull x ever born ? 

so what do they struggle with big hundred kg fallow your all trembling up on any way ? 

some shit get spouted on here some real daydreamers ? 

The plodders struggle with foxes, in close to 35 years of running foxes with lurchers I've not met ONE single person that was using a coursing bred dog for them, whys that mchull??