Brother to sister mating is it to close,

3 minutes ago, Countryman62 said:

I wasn’t comparing distances being covered with a running dog/terrier, that’s just being ridiculous, I was replying to mC when he stated that a terrier isn’t a performance athlete when it so obviously is.

mate i seen old unfit terriers for the do 

every breed a terrier and cross of it is capable and has been 

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

Just now, Daniel cain said:

I don't mind mchull,he's passionate about the type he keeps,I can get that...but plenty of different types can catch a hare...we all know this,but Scotty to hotty walks 40 miles in the sloppy  just can't change that record ??

honest dc you can bring 5 dogs down with you this winter give them all a run you kill one i’ll pass you a thousand pound mate 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

nonsense mate unfit dogs catch and go to ground with success a fox is dead in seconds ? big deer are tabled up on not chased down 

only the best and fitest a dogs can kill strong hares 

You can choose to believe me or not I really don’t mind but hand on heart a red stag is the only one I’d double on pre ban. The rest were single or not at all, if the dog can’t do it single they deserve to get away in my book.

• Like 4
Just now, mC HULL said:

they at a walking pace dogman the hunters walking not on horse back ? 

If your ever over this way I'll take your out with a harrier pack on the  hares and see if you can keep up. Lol. And ill also take you to earth's that no unfit terrier is ever gonna get dug to in. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

You can choose to believe me or not I really don’t mind but hand on heart a red stag is the only one I’d double on pre ban. The rest were single or not at all, if the dog can’t do it single they deserve to get away in my book.

What was in your dog's that were capable of doing that job mate of you don't mind me asking? Breeding that is.

6 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

What was in your dog's that were capable of doing that job mate of you don't mind me asking? Breeding that is.

Don’t get me wrong mate I’ve had my fair share of failures, I’ve found the real good uns only come along every now and again. But the best I’ve had was out of a saluki x grey to a rough lurcher with a few breeds in there, greyhound, saluki, wheaten etc. I’ve seen good uns of different types but most important thing to me was both parents being well versed on deer & having a good technique, those ones that grab the back end and hang on for dear life never make it in my book

Edited by Deerhunter1
  • Like 4
8 hours ago, dogmandont said:

What if it doesn't need improving? What if you have everything you want and need in your animals. 

I heard a well respected terrierman say if you take a pint of milk and add a spoonful of shite what are you left with. 

A shitehawk

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

mate i seen old unfit terriers for the do 

every breed a terrier and cross of it is capable and has been 

There's digging and there's digging just like I could take my old half blind bull Cross out and catch hares on the lamp but he'd hardly put a bend in on a good winter hare. There's different levels to the digging game. Take your unfit terriers to massive deep sprawling places where the stuff has been dug before and you'll be digging to a dead dog or it'll jack. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

honest dc you can bring 5 dogs down with you this winter give them all a run you kill one i’ll pass you a thousand pound mate 

It's not my thing mate,but I would have a walk out with you to see these intergalactic hares get  executed by your X wing salukis....sounds like some cosmic shit  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2