Brother to sister mating is it to close,

2 minutes ago, Countryman62 said:

Hours below the ground being dug to is nothing to a terrier, there just warming up to the task, there isn’t a saluki x, coursing bred or pure Saluki in the world, never mind this country that could pursue its quarry full sprint for two hours, even pack animals like wolves and African hunting dogs don’t pursue a prey animal for two hours solid, the terrier reigns supreme as the canine athlete.

What sort of distances are terrier's below ground covering in their 2 hours below ground?

The comparison is nonsense mate

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

nothing you have ever kennelled could stick for 5 mins and run 3 at that or more 

no other dog can none zero not 1 ? 

your black terrier isn’t only type you have just about every terrier and cross of them capable of going to ground 

You think your plodders are the stamina Kings of the canine world but they aren't shit compared to other. 

Edited by dogmandont
1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

You think your plodders are the stamina Kings of the canine would but they aren't shit compared to other. 

? no other dog can do what they can in the lurcher world  that is a fact 

43 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

true though wasn’t it 

I've never been into running hares and if i had of been I'd of had a kennel of dogs every bit as good as your own, it's nothing special dude so your probably best to get over yourself if you think you own something special that the rest of us can't obtain. 

Edited by dogmandont
1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

I've never been into running hares and if i had of been I'd of had a kennel of dogs every bit as good as your own, it's nothing special dude so your probably best to get over yourself if you think you own something special that the rest of can't obtain. 

i can tell mate you haven’t run many and you wouldn’t have one every bit as good as mine without a lot a luck and moving to england 

and it would need loads a saluki in the breeding you don’t realise how hard it is to get one that can kill the best a hares dogmandont they are not ten a penny 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Just now, Daniel cain said:

Decent pack of beagle's do that ?

Was typing out something similar. Lol. 

1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

As Mchull said there not performance athletes thow and are not getting there body’s and hearts put under anywhere  near as much strain as a coursing dog has on gruelling runs on a regular basis 

I’m a lurcher man myself but I’d put working terriers, foxing lurchers & big deer dogs over coursing dogs in terms of putting themselves under strain physically & mentally.

A terrier goes face first in to the pitch black and confronts a fox in its own arena, puts itself at risk of serious injury or death every time it goes to ground, to compare a dog that chases a big rabbit round a field to a working terrier is ridiculous.

Same with fox & big deer dogs, they’re giving their all to catch something they know is going to hurt them when they get hold of it, when a coursing dog catches its hare it’s over, but when a fox or big deer dog catches the hard part is only just beginning.

I take nothing away from a good hare coursing dog & it requires determination to push its body to the limits to catch its hare, but it doesn’t require anywhere near the level of heart that these other jobs do.

Edited by Deerhunter1
  • Like 5
14 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

What sort of distances are terrier's below ground covering in their 2 hours below ground?

The comparison is nonsense mate

I wasn’t comparing distances being covered with a running dog/terrier, that’s just being ridiculous, I was replying to mC when he stated that a terrier isn’t a performance athlete when it so obviously is.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I’m a lurcher man myself but I’d put working terriers, foxing lurchers & big deer dogs over coursing dogs in terms of putting themselves under strain physically & mentally.

A terrier goes face first in to the pitch black and confronts a fox in its own arena, puts itself at risk of serious injury or death every time it goes to ground, to compare a dog that chases a big rabbit round a field to a working terrier is ridiculous.

Same with fox & big deer dogs, they’re giving their all to catch something they know is going to hurt them when they get hold of it, when a coursing dog catches its hare it’s over, but when a fox or big deer dog catches the hard part is only just beginning.

I take nothing away from a good hare coursing dog & it requires determination to push its body to the limits to catch its hare, but it doesn’t require anywhere near the level of heart that these other jobs do.

nonsense mate unfit dogs catch and go to ground with success a fox is dead in seconds ? big deer are tabled up on not chased down 

only the best and fitest a dogs can kill strong hares 

I don't mind mchull,he's passionate about the type he keeps,I can get that...but plenty of different types can catch a hare...we all know this,but Scotty to hotty walks 40 miles in the sloppy  just can't change that record ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1