Brother to sister mating is it to close,

50 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

What if it doesn't need improving? What if you have everything you want and need in your animals. 

Wether you think your dog's don't need improving doesn't change anything...if you inbred heavily they will decrease in quality, that's just how breeding works, it's not my opinion, it's just what happens. For folk to think that you can continually breed from the same small gene pool of dogs and get the same results time and time again is really just ignorance.

50 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I heard a well respected terrierman say if you take a pint of milk and add a spoonful of shite what are you left with. 

A pint of milk?

Edited by Neobliviscaris1776

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Wether you think your dog's don't need improving doesn't change anything...if you inbred heavily they will decrease in quality, that's just how breeding works, it's not my opinion, it's just what happens. For folk to think that you can continually breed from the same small gene pool of dogs and get the same results time and time again is really just ignorance.

A pint of milk?

Nobody continually inbreds, it's something that's done to tighten up the line then back to close line breeding. 

Its worked for terriers so why not runners. 

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Nobody continually inbreds, it's something that's done to tighten up the line then back to close line breeding. 

I understand that mate, but you'll need to throw something into the mix thats not from your line at some point to avoid losing all your hard work. Tighten up a line yes, but if all your doing is inbreeding and line breeding it's not going to be very beneficial to the overall health of the animals in the long run. 

So what's the answer to the pint of milk question?

Edited by Neobliviscaris1776
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

because a terrier isn’t a performance athlete is it why don’t greyhound racehorse breeders do it ?

2 hours ago, dogmandont said:

What if it doesn't need improving? What if you have everything you want and need in your animals. 

I heard a well respected terrierman say if you take a pint of milk and add a spoonful of shite what are you left with. 

? i’m amazed lads actually think it’s the done thing ? 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I understand that mate, but you'll need to throw something into the mix thats not from your line at some point to avoid losing all your hard work. Tighten up a line yes, but if all your doing is inbreeding and line breeding it's not going to be very beneficial to the overall health of the animals in the long run. 

So what's the answer to the pint of milk question?

You end up with a pint of shite because it certainly ain't milk anymore. There's lines of terriers that haven't had an out cross in a long long time and they're doing just fine. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

You end up with a pint of shite because it certainly ain't milk anymore. There's lines of terriers that haven't had an out cross in a long long time and they're doing just fine. 

some can’t see the woods for trees ? dc agreeing with you but i can remember a topic we’re he wasn’t breeding again because his terrier had stillborns 

inbreeding depression causes stillborns low fertility how many on here are using ai having c sections ? like there breeding inbred frenchies but it has nothing to do with inbreeding aye ? 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

As Mchull said there not performance athletes thow and are not getting there body’s and hearts put under anywhere  near as much strain as a coursing dog has on gruelling runs on a regular basis 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mC HULL said:

because a terrier isn’t a performance athlete is it why don’t greyhound racehorse breeders do it ?

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other canine athlete could withstand, squeezing through tight, twisting tube below the sod to reach its adversary makes its muscles cramp up, its nose is without equal, its eyesight is greatly diminished below the sod but still it finds it’s quarry, it possesses the courage to face an opponent that many a bullx’s jib at and it possesses the stamina to put a Saluki to shame, it is the ultimate canine athlete, no other canine comes close to it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

some can’t see the woods for trees ? dc agreeing with you but i can remember a topic we’re he wasn’t breeding again because his terrier had stillborns 

inbreeding depression causes stillborns low fertility how many on here are using ai having c sections ? like there breeding inbred frenchies but it has nothing to do with inbreeding aye ? 

You starting to make yourself sound very silly now dude. 

Lads are using ai now so they're almost certain off getting a litter on the ground and are you seriously trying to tell me that the plodders never be served by artificial or don't take from natural services. Fcukin behave yourself. Lol. 

23 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

As Mchull said there not performance athletes thow and are not getting there body’s and hearts put under anywhere  near as much strain as a coursing dog has on gruelling runs on a regular basis 

You’re obviously not talking from any experience of working a terrier 

• Like 2