Brother to sister mating is it to close,

4 hours ago, Big Ron said:

Got dogs out of 6 generations of 1/2 sister brother and one full sister brother mating ,picture of health and do what they were bred for ,but hey what do people know who keep and breed dogs this way ? it’s not right and not line breeding but inbreeding as the keyboard warriors have said it is ? 

make me laugh ron how all these brother sisters are worth breeding from over 6 generations i actually thought you maybe had high standards ? 

• Haha 1

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A brother sister mating from which a bitch was again put back to the sire produced this dog. Like the rest of the litter he is bursting with health and vitality and hes slightly bigger than both of hi

mC you are totally wrong about a terrier not being a performance athlete, a terrier gone to ground working Fox and Badger (historically) pushes its body through the pain barrier more than any other ca

my old bitch bred like that she thrived on lots of stick n the stronger the hares the better for her. 

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

?? if you listened to some on here you would expect dogs with 2 heads each litter ?

ron i recon your inbred dogs would collapse and not run again if you come down to good land for the night you wouldn’t get 1 hour out em ? 

46 minutes ago, jeemes said:

If you have a seriously good dog in your kennel and you want to keep that, then you need to breed in and in. Yes you will get improved stock aswell.

The improvement being 'locking in' certain traits that you decided were desirable, ie physical characteristics etc. I can understand and appreciate that when starting off a line and you have excellent stock, father daughter, mother son will be implemented at some point to keep certain characteristics strong for future generations...but full brother sister imo wouldn't make sense, they would never be as good genetically as either of the parents.

51 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Do you breed yourself? Have you bred close relatives? Just wondering where you are getting your ideas from.

I've only bred cockers in the past, not related but have mates that have bred a few litters of runners. Have worked plenty lurchers some closer bred than others and found that heavily line bred/inbred were more prone to injury and more unsettled in general. Just my experience though. I'm not saying that line breeding shouldn't be done, of course it's necessary at times. But too close too often isn't going to get you better, you need an injection of what initially started off your line to keep it strong. It depends too if when folk start off a line, their actually 'starting' off a line ie first crosses and not using lurcher to lurcher. That would effect too how you would approach breeding techniques imo.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

ron i recon your inbred dogs would collapse and not run again if you come down to good land for the night you wouldn’t get 1 hour out em ? 

You can try and bait me as much as you want is it Scott your name ?  I wouldn’t have a run with you because I’ve told you before 1, I don’t keep day time dogs to run your good land , 2 , your not fit enough for a night with me , your a chunky fat monkey and would be blowing out your arse , 3 I think your a prize idiot ? why would I possibly want a night out with you ?  ?   No offence meant here ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
52 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

make me laugh ron how all these brother sisters are worth breeding from over 6 generations i actually thought you maybe had high standards ? 

I can’t take credit here , but believe me without name dropping they were 

Edited by Big Ron
15 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

You can try and bait me as much as you want is it Scott your name ?  I wouldn’t have a run with you because I’ve told you before 1, I don’t keep day time dogs to run your good land , 2 , your not fit enough for a night with me , your a chunky fat monkey and would be blowing out your arse , 3 I think your a prize idiot ? why would I possibly want a night out with you ?  ?   No offence meant here ?

scott my name who told you that someone speaking to king ? no one in my town even mates no that’s me first name unless they were in my class at school ? 

id run the lamp bambi be hilarious ? i’d last the night by season don’t worry about that i had a bit a bad luck medication put the pounds on but there’s never been no jack in me them lumps you keep will jack before me ? this prize idiots dog would wipe the floor with out you got day or night ? 

9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

scott my name who told you that someone speaking to king ? no one in my town even mates no that’s me first name unless they were in my class at school ? 

id run the lamp bambi be hilarious ? i’d last the night by season don’t worry about that i had a bit a bad luck medication put the pounds on but there’s never been no jack in me them lumps you keep will jack before me ? this prize idiots dog would wipe the floor with out you got day or night ? 

Not hard to find out I know a lot of people , keep talking the talk on here and maybe one day you will walk the walk with the big coursing lads ?

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Big Ron said:

Not hard to find out I know a lot of people , keep talking the talk on here and maybe one day you will walk the walk with the big coursing lads ?

you know no body knows me ron or you wouldn’t a said scott ? 

i don’t need to take the talk on here i’ll run anyone wants to ? 

1 minute ago, Big Ron said:

Not the ones I asked no sorry to burst your bubble mate ?

see if they fancy a run ron or they just talk aswell ?

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Surely king ain’t the only Cnut In dog world to know his name, it’s a small world, unless you ain’t got a dog ?

lads i have grown up with don’t know me first name unless in my class at school or been locked up with me katch ? king the only one i’ve ever used the name to ? 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

you know no body knows me ron or you wouldn’t a said scott ? 

i don’t need to take the talk on here i’ll run anyone wants to ? 

see if they fancy a run ron or they just talk aswell ?

Your still div 4 or Vauxhall conference in coursing league ? ?